Senior Director, Diversity & Inclusion
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
As the Sr Director, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and a member of the HR Leadership team, you will lead the translation of a D&I strategy into operational objectives by facilitating a D&I agenda that is well integrated throughout our global business and people processes. You are responsible for partnering across the organization to develop a shared vision, mission and multi-year strategy to enhance D&I at F5. You will interact with a broad audience of stakeholders to influence program design, implementation, and improvements from a D&I perspective. Champion F5's Giving program and elevating the company's reputation by having a positive impact on our employees, stakeholders, communities and the environment.
- Leverage expertise and existing relationships to enhance implementation of F5's existing diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Serve as a Global D&I Leader subject matter expert, providing coaching, education and consultancy to cross-functional, global senior leaders and HR partners enabling them to implement F5's D&I strategy.
- Develop, maintain and monitor diversity metrics, corresponding dashboards and recurring reports to measure success, glean learnings and incorporate into future strategy and initiatives.
- Develop and manage multiple F5, global D&I programs that help to foster a culture of inclusion
- Analyze and re-engineer processes to minimize the impact of bias in the system
- Partner with and support Marketing, Recruiting, Total Rewards and HR business partner teams to drive design and delivery of inclusive messaging and people processes throughout F5.
- Partner with F5's Recruiting team on the most innovative and relevant best practices and external partnerships to help attract and hire a diverse group of candidates.
- Facilitate educational sessions to help make F5's people, teams and culture even more inclusive.
- Own and drive Global Employee Inclusion Group community
- Own and manage F5's Giving Program
- Develop and manage D&I budget
- Effectively represent F5's diversity and inclusion philosophy, approach and efforts externally with individuals, partner organizations and key community partners and at key external events.
- Employee management including but not limited to interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex and global projects that are company-wide.
- Ability to influence and build sustainable relationships with people at every level of the organization to assist in the development and maintenance of the organization's global D&I strategy.
- Understanding of and exposure to U.S. and non-U.S. communities, cultures and geographies.
- Demonstrated skill in diagnosing and identifying gaps in plans to resolve organizational challenges.
- Highly-effective analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy.
- Expertise in implicit bias research and corresponding organizational interventions.
- Superior facilitation skills (one-on-one conversations, team sessions and large groups).
- History of managing multiple projects, each with different stakeholders and customized needs.
- Strategic mindset with a bias towards action and creative problem solving.
- Ability to manage up, across and down; tailor communication style and content to each audience.
- Proven history of scaling operations through process simplification and automation where feasible.
- Flexibility to travel (sometimes internationally) when needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required
- A minimum of 10 years of dynamic experience in leadership development and/or talent management/development experience, diversity leadership development or a related area is required
- Strong business insight; understanding of key global business trends and environment is required
- Excellent executive presentation skills, ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely is required
- Demonstrates strong leadership courage, willing and able to respectfully question and/or challenge others to think through problems, improvement opportunities, solutions, and plans is required
- Operates as a global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional and cultural differences is required
- Creative thinker with ability to build integrated global HR solutions to support enterprise goals is required.
- Experience crafting and implementing leadership programs for diverse talent is preferred
- Global scope and responsibility is strongly preferred
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top