Security Support Engineer III
- Draper, UT
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Will handle daily escalations from Level 2 analysts across worldwide SOCs and multiple shifts. Provide coaching and feedback to drive Shape SOC analytical methodologies. Coordinate and evaluate ongoing ticket triage and identify areas of mentorship and analytical improvement across SOC teams and shifts.
Specific tasks include:
- Write and deploy threat intelligence packages to mitigate threats
- Large dataset analysis with SQL/Big Query
- Assist in developing the SAM/Pavlov/Insight roadmap to integrate L3 workflow
The ideal candidate will have:
- Communication skills commensurate with both engineering, internal escalation teams, and client-facing customers.
- Passion about web-applications and the cross-section of security and with a penchant to break down application user-journeys to identify potential vectors and vulnerabilities.
- An understanding of Shape's methodology of real-time mitigation of customer threats, the approach of Policy Changes, Threat Intelligence packages, and the use of internal tools/processes to implement mitigation strategies in real-time.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Conduct signal refinement through SOC analytical process and isolate appropriate signatures that define the parameters for future mitigation strategies. Utilize SQL queries, BigQuery, Semi-Automated Mitigation tool as part of Pavlov to refine the analysis to propose the next steps. Comfortable with communication with other cross-functional teams (Tactics, SOC, TAMs, and Solutions Architects) to provide mitigation options to customers.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top