Security Operations Manager (Guadalajara, MX)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
How would you like to join a world-class Security Operations Center? We provide Anti-Fraud, DDoS, and WAF services to our customers globally.
Combine your validated fundamental understanding of IT Operations, Network Operations, Sys Admin Operations, and/or IT Security Operations. You will work directly with a team of SOC analysts/engineers providing 24x7 security services. Run day to day duties of the team and maintain a positive, productive, and professional work environment.
This leader will partner with other SOC team managers, Engineering, Product Development, Sales, and other teams to ensure we are working in alignment towards common objectives. Prior experience running IT Network or IT Security Operations Centers is required. Experience of network or IT security incident & crisis management, customer happiness and working to metrics is meaningful.
This opportunity is located at our SOC in Guadalajara, Mexico!
What will you do?
- Directly lead our team of SOC analysts.
You will also do the following:
- Develop careers and coach our analyst
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Schedule, assign, and handle tasks
- Provide disciplinary actions necessary
- Interview and hire new talent
- Ensure operational procedures are followed
- Engage with customers via phone, email or in person to make sure we are providing a good service and maintaining excellent Customer Satisfaction
- Be able to communicate IT, networking and security concepts to customers at all levels of experience and responsibility.
- Work closely with our Global SOC Management Team to identify and implement operational efficiencies and/or implement service improvements and mitigate operational risks to customers and to F5
- Ensure procedures for all SOC teams are documented and kept up to date
- Develop and implement processes for tracking key operational metrics
- Expertly communicate/collaborate with SOC & other F5 security teams, conforming to F5 culture/standards/guidelines.
- Cultivate innovation, creativity, teamwork, and professional growth of our teams
- Look out for emerging threats in network and application security and assist in the proactive development of new mitigation mechanisms
- Maintain strong standards, and promote productivity, accountability and high morale
- Evangelize the contributions of the SOC internally
- Responsible for upholding F5's business code of ethics & for promptly reporting violations of the code or other company policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Showcase your knowledge and experience working in 24x7 network and/or security operations centers
- Ability to inspire change through effective leadership, communication, planning, and execution
- Able to excel in a dynamic, always-on organization
- Able to convert broad targets and objectives into a discreet list, set priorities for yourself and others, and meet objectives
- Knowledge and ability to lead organizations to key performance indicators
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical issues to others with varying levels of technical expertise
- Perform in a highly collaborative team environment
- Analytical thinker with solid attention to detail
- Ability to partner with customers at appropriate technical and leadership levels to resolve issues
- Understand of security concepts, including web security, DDoS, online fraud, and Layer 4-7 protection/mitigation strategies.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently, including complex technical concepts. Additional languages a plus.
- Solid skills in MS Office and with standard professional applications.
How do you qualify?
- Minimum of 2+ years management experience or 4+ leadership (supervisor, tech lead) experience in an operations environment
- Background in customer service/support and IT, network or IT security incident management
- IT Security or IT Operations experience with corporate customers in production environments
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience driving efficiencies, handling growth, and delivering results
- Passion, technical knowledge and instincts to effectively lead a security operations team.
- Good understanding of IT, Network, or IT SOC best practices and a real passion for continuous improvement.
- Professional verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to work well with contacts in various business disciplines.
- Excellent ethical and professional standards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a corporate environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- This role requires availability outside normal business hours to align with the global team or to respond to critical security events
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top