Security Engineer - SIRT (Automation Mitigation)
- London, United Kingdom
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
- Responsible for the real-time mitigation and analysis of threats on Shape Security customer applications and platforms
- Configure and maintain current iterations of monitoring and alerting tools and participate in the development process to improve their performance and effectiveness
- Develop technical solutions and tools to help automate repeatable tasks
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring incidents, new standard operating procedures/runbooks, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Recommend and drive process improvements to enhance operational efficiency
- Work closely with Research, Engineering, Technical Account Managers and other teams cross-functionally within the company
- Assist, mentor and train analysts regarding detecting, monitoring and escalating security incidents
- Work first hand with Shape Security customers to handle escalations and recommend strategies for on-going threats to improve security posture
- Web, system and network security (Best practices and tools)
- Web related technologies (web applications, web servers) and network/web protocols
- In-depth understanding of latest security principles and protocols
- Knowledge of security systems and infrastructure including WAF, DNS, CDN, NAT
- Proficient in querying and scripting to perform data analysis of large and complex data sets (SQL, Python, ElasticSearch)
- Information Security background
- 5+ years of experience
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top