Security Engineer (Penetration Testing)
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
About The F5 Security Research Team
At F5, we make apps faster, smarter, and safer. Come work within the security threat research group in an exciting, fast paced environment. Our team is performing pen testing of F5 products, analysis of the latest security threats, and detection and mitigation of our security solutions. The team works in an intensive environment, and is constantly updated with the latest modern technologies. Come and join the best in their field!
Being a part of a highly experienced Security Research Team, while specializing in F5 products security assessment. In this role you have the opportunity to work closely with the Platform Security team which is defining the security requirements for all F5 products and their vulnerabilities assessment.
- Hands on pen testing of F5 products.
- Perform code and configuration security reviews in critical parts of the products.
- Participating in threat modeling of new product features.
- Building custom tools to assist security assessment.
- Presenting findings and work closely with architectural and development teams to ensure products developed in line with our security standards.
- Assisting and mentoring with internal secure development education and F5's "Security Ninjas" program.
- At least 3 years expertise in hands-on pen testing and security code review.
- Proficient in C, C++, JAVA code analysis (and Go, NodeJS -- Advantage).
- Experience with proxy tools (Burpsuite/Fiddler).
- Background in Linux, networking and protocols.
- Experience in developing security tools in Python.
- Understanding of security principles, theories and known attacks.
- Experience with assessment of containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) - Advantage.
- Experience with static code analysis tools and fuzzing tools - Advantage.
- Experience with traffic processing products assessment (Router, Load Balancer, DNS, FW, WAF)- Advantage.
- Experience with mobile application pen testing- Advantage.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top