Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Guadalajara.
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs-creating application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
The Software Development Engineer will work within the IT Organization to support the sales organization and sales systems on a global level. This includes extending and supporting Oracle CPQ, related SFDC functionality, and integrations within a large highly tailored SFDC instance. You will provide technical expertise in evaluating, developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting systems and procedures that are cost effective and improve work efficiency.
- Responsible for overall software solution design including all components, integrations, documentation and reporting.
- Develop, test and integrate your code across multiple systems like Oracle CPQ, Salesforce, Zuora
- Work effectively in a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and building lasting relationships.
- Understand key business processes, document process maps, research industry best practices and self-initiate new developments based on findings.
- Write design specifications (functional specifications and solution/technical design document)
- Collaborate with channel sales, direct sales and sales operations teams to continuously improve F5's sales systems tools (order processing, lead distribution, account development, opportunity tracking etc.)
- Ability to independently design, develop, implement, test, and document software systems.
- Facilitate deployments and help communicate changes to users in a timely manner and with appropriate documentation.
- Contribute to development process improvements. Compare technical solution alternatives, collaborate, and select the best alternative.
- Understand individual responsibilities, team specialization(s), assigned project lead and task assignments.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable on Subscriptions (Oracle CPQ's Assets Based Ordering preferred)
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and related systems
- Knowledge of software design and development in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of test-driven development and automated testing
- Knowledge of Web Components and/or Lightning Web Components
- Experience leading / participating in complex projects.
- Prefer experience with Oracle BMQL or SQL queries
- Ability to design and optimize organization processes and to integrate process across disparate systems.
- Highly process driven and eager to learn.
- Prefer certification with any of these vendors: Oracle CPQ / Salesforce CPQ / Apttus CPQ / SAP CPQ
- Prefer familiarity with Salesforce Approvals.
- Prefer experience using SOAP or REST APIs (XML and JSON knowledge)
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years development experience in developing and configuring complex software systems (Oracle CPQ or implementing Salesforce.com solutions preferred)
At F5 we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Customer Loyalty, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.