- Serilingampalle, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
5 is looking for a high-energy scrum master who can help our teams harness the power of Agile practices, to deliver the next generation of advanced application services in the cloud. You will be key to helping us accelerate and develop well-functioning Agile teams by facilitating daily Scrums, backlog refinement, identification of risks and ensuring teams are communicating with each other and enabled to own their commitments. Your focus will be helping our teams deliver results in a bold and dynamic break-out project here at F5. Success requires the ability to help the teams develop clear objectives, communicate and clear barriers and focus on delivering customer value. In this Agile Delivery position, your role as a Scrum Master, coach, and practitioner will require you to apply Agile values and principles for an organization transitioning to Agile Delivery methodologies.
- Guide and coach the teams on Scrum and Agile practices consistent with team standards and helping them achieve their commitments and objectives day to day, sprint-to-sprint.
- Represent team in Scrum-of-Scrums and Release and milestone planning to ensure all teams are aligned
- Own coaching our team to improve in velocity and Sprint success.
- Establish strong working relationship with partner teams across the organization to identify dependencies and align priorities and work
- Communicate status, barriers and risks to the Sr TPM and stakeholders - according to metrics established by the team
- Anticipate challenges, identify risks and recommend mitigations and solutions. Own and drive those solutions.
- Identify resources constraints or needs - when additional resources (HW, technical or human) are needed
- Facilitate and organize Scrum ceremonies - help the team focus on goals, self-organize to achieve objectives, and ensure they fully understand the objectives and commitments.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts with teams by implementing take-aways from retrospectives and implementing concrete solutions to make the teams more efficient and improve delivery success.
- Work with product owners and others to ensure they are well engaged with the team and part of the regular feedback loop.
- Collect, track and manage tasks, scope, schedule and budget related to the project
- Organize and conduct meetings then document decisions and actions to move project forward
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires a minimum of 10 + years over all in IT industry.
- Good interpersonal skills with global teams with an ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats to a variety of audiences from engineer to Executive;
- Ability to take initiative and apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions or manage risk.
- Experience working cross-functionality and cross-organizationally to align dependencies and deliverables.
- Proven competence in planning, organizing, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Good understanding of the team dynamics and build high performing teams
- Strong time and task management skill with ability to handle multiple threads of activity.
- Dedicated to meeting and delivering on business objectives.
- Experience working in larger scale Agile environments such as SAFe a strong plus
- Experience with CI/CD deployment of cloud solutions a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex software project and solutions on time and on budget
- Ability to lead through influence to drive forward both the team and program;
- Ability to organize and facilitate team meetings and initiatives to effectively develop plans and achieve goals;
- Ability to decompose work then document and track as tasks, craft metrics and track project status
- Able to analyze and comprehend functional specifications and documentation.
- Knowledge and experience of using tools such as JIRA and Confluence a plus.
- Duties may require being "on call" periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Some travel may be required.
- Certified Scrum Master or Agile certification required
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a full time SCRUM MASTER or RTE Role is a must.
- Experience handling a geo-dispersed project team
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field with 10 + years experience ; Masters degree with 6 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience with a technology company.
- Experience in a concurrent software development environment as part of a complex build and merge management process
- Fluency in English required
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top