Salesforce Support Engineer III
- Guadalajara, Mexico
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter, and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Guadalajara.
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs-creating application services that help the world's leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success isn't driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. At F5, our culture is how we live, every single day. And it's producing extraordinary results-not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we're committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to build and support the most exciting missions in the world! You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risks because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
What will you do?
As our Salesforce Support Engineer you will provide hands-on technical product support and will have a passion for diving into the code to perform root cause analysis. In this role, you will liaise closely with technical and non-technical members of the business to resolve issues on time using analytical and programming skills to provide remediation plans forward. You are relentlessly curious and driven to dig into a functional area and understand its nuances. Additionally, the Salesforce Support Engineer partners with Software Developer Engineer and Solution Architects to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide L2/L3 production support to the Salesforce platform.
- Serve as an escalation point for internal customer support and product teams
- Perform root cause analysis to resolve technically complex issues and escalated customer technical issues to resolve the problem or qualify appropriately
- Understand the business complexity and provide resolution/workaround to the user's problems.
- Respond to critical production operational issues and follow up with the team for resolution.
- Coordinate with different teams on the integration points and bring resolution to the problems.
- Support ongoing Salesforce administration (create accounts/profiles, workflow, approvals, reports, dashboards, etc.).
- Collaborate with the team to assess the cross-functional impacts of business decisions across the Salesforce platform and external applications.
- Describe issues and work with the development team on engineering and implementation of technical solutions to them.
- Generate custom reports based on the business need.
- Monitor the application through tools and take appropriate steps to prevent failures and restore the service.
- Provide minor changes in the code/configuration and able to deploy them into production.
- Perform root cause analysis on the major problems and recurrent issues.
- On-board new hires and make sure proper SFDC roles, profiles are assigned.
- Update Field level accessibility depending on the team's roles and responsibilities.
- Insert, update, and delete Accounts, Contacts, Opportunity, Products, and System Engineers, through Data Loader.
- Troubleshoot Workflow email template issues.
- Troubleshoot Report and Dashboard issues.
- Partner with Site Reliability Engineers to deliver code to the higher environments (Stage and Production)
- Provide onboarding assistance to new team members
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT internal and business partner customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Strong skills in communicating with different roles in a scrum team.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Salesforce Sales, Services, or Salesforce Community applications. Expert understanding in Salesforce data security model and working experience in setting up data security via configuration and coding alike
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API
- Experience developing in Salesforce technologies such as Apex, Triggers, Lightning Design, and Visualforce pages
- Ability to design, config, code, test, debug, and maintain Salesforce platform
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Visual Studio Code, Excel Connector, Demand Tools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
- Experienced and has strong familiarity with Lightning.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps or other CICD Services
- Experience working with technical and business stakeholders from global cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
What will we look for on your resume?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce and Salesforce Community Support
- Experience with Salesforce DevOps tools like Copado, Flosum or GearSet
- Experience with databases and basic SQL skills required
- Experience multiple software development methodologies/lifecycles required
- Good programming knowledge of at least 1 of the following: Java, C#, Python
- Salesforce Certifications
At F5 we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Customer Loyalty, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
We offer work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition assistance for professional development, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and so much more. At F5, we truly do help each other thrive and it shows: F5 has been named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by Fortune mag
And this commitment to living our culture doesn't just exist within our offices; it extends into our communities through Global Good initiatives such as employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation. Our employees are passionate about making a difference in the world.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become part of a company that's on the leading edge of transformation. And because we know that a more diverse F5 is a more powerful F5, we're looking for smart, talented, determined individuals to join us. If you make thoughtful decisions quickly, obsess over your customers' needs, take ownership of your work (the mistakes as well as the successes), and embrace different perspectives by putting the human first, then we want to talk to you.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top