Sales Engineering Manager - So California
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
If you are someone who likes a to tackle complex challenges, F5 is hiring a manager for our Systems Engineers. This will involve working with our pre-sales team of Systems Engineers in the South West district.
In this role you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right, and be effective in shaping customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking for strong leaders who love learning and technology and love to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt F5's solutions to address their business challenges.
This role requires a leader who can look beyond technology and features and consider the value F5's technology can provide to our customers. Innovation is a key requirement, not only in terms of how we build and sell to customers, but how we enable our teams to enhance their skills in new areas that will help them develop their careers, help F5, and help our customers embrace new technology and solutions.
You will help team members ramp-up on new F5 solutions and other relevant industry trends and technology, as well as develop excellent speaking, presentation and executive interaction skills.
You will also need to be adept at building cross department relationships and drive a customer first focus for your entire team and extended team.
You should enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things and encourage an growth mindset around the challenges that will be faced by your team.
Regular one-on-one meetings with all team members are required. You will be expected to provide both technical and 'soft skill' mentoring in order to maintain a well-rounded, world-class organization
You will also be responsible for ensuring that proper training takes place for all new hires.
You will be expected to uphold F5's core values, to build an incisive and diverse workplace where everyone, their ideas and views are always welcome. You will demonstrate ownership for your decisions and encourage speed and sense of urgency in all matters customer facing and be passionate when it comes to our clients and their happiness.
You will have past experience as a manager or a similar leadership role and can demonstrate their credibility in this area. They will have a passion for learning and developing new skills themselves and will lead by example. They will be creative and not afraid to take on new challenges that will make a big impact for their team and our customers.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Management duties include the supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving mentorship to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing applicants for open positions.
- Identify consistent market trends and communicates to Product Management, Product Development and Professional Services
- Ensure that SEs have the proper tools and resources, and ensure they are assigned appropriately to engagements within the region
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Good understanding of technology drivers in the current market, like Cloud, CI/DC, DevOps, Networking, Cyber Security with focus on L7 Security and orchestration tools
- Ability to navigate and influence in matrix organization
- Ability to converse with technical and business personnel fluently at all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technologies and to evangelize F5's message internally and with customers and partners
- Ability to partner effectively with Sales Executives to identify new sales strategies and market opportunities
- BS or BA degree required
- 2 + years' experience leading teams
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top