Sales Engineer Sales Large Accounts Brazil
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Systems Engineer (SE) is a technical role that is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer satisfaction. Primarily providing pre-sales technical support for the implementation of products/applications/solutions. This includes presentations, product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of account plans.
- Act as a trusted advisor providing technical expertise through Sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, and Proof of Concepts
- Provide solution designs, and systems engineering configurations
- Develop and Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5 product set, the relevant industry, and Sales aptitude
- Design differentiating solutions and articulate technical and business value of F5 Solutions against competitors.
- Design technical solutions that can solve customer business problems or create a new service offering
- Participate in the development and support of content (presentations, WP's, use cases…) for customers and partners
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share with peer group
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and success and building lasting relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Own or assist on Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases on behalf of customer
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Customer support activities include:
- Can articulate the F5 Sales Strategy, Messaging, and positioning F5 value proposition for customer business objectives
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with customer technology staff and management
- Consistently provide world-class customer service during pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Can deliver sales pitch/whiteboards at CxO level through to detailed technical staff
- Actively use Salesforce.com for each opportunity and named account
- Partner with sales team to develop and manage Technical Account Plan and/or Territory Account Plans
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Actively utilize SE tools: CSR, Idea, Hive, Mainstreet, and others
- Identify and qualify technical opportunities
- Influence Sales strategy
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out account political structure
Channel support activities include:
- Support F5 channel partner sales initiatives
- Provide channel partners sustainable training on F5 solutions and competitive differentiation
- Provide channel partners technical expertise and oversight as required
- Proactively provide consultative support
- Work in collaboration with Channel and Sales management to establish channel partners and to qualify partner's ability to sell F5 solutions
Post sales activities include:
- Understand and follow escalation process
- Partner with the F5 Technical Support and customers/partners to resolve issues
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Expert presentation skills
- Experience with MS office suite or Works
- System administrator skills with UNIX, Microsoft or application knowledge
- Network design background
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of:
Industry and F5 Networks-targeted technologies
Industry trends and cycles
Windows: NT, 2000, 2003
Network Design background is required
- Demonstrate proficiency in:
Configuration and troubleshooting of servers,
CIFS/SMB. DFS, FRS experience a plus.
Unix: Solaris, Linux, BSD, Irix, AIX, HP/UX a plus, with expertise in at least one of the two Operating Systems.
- Mastery of: Storage subsystem skills and storage
- 8+ years related industry experience
- 4+ year pre-sales experience
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties will require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require out of town travel up to 60 - 80% of the time.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top