RVP, Sales (ASEAN)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Located in Singapore.
At the heart of the role of Regional Vice President, Sales, ASEAN is proven leadership. He/she reports to the Senior Vice President, Sales, APAC and is responsible for revenue growth and market momentum, while securing and building upon the business partnerships already in place.
The successful candidate must have proven track record and business building experience. This individual must have a particularly hands-on approach. He or she will be a self-starter, an inspiring leader and team builder who is energetic and full of drive.
The ideal candidate will have had the experience of building a related organization of similar scale, and will have had experience in a related technology industry space within the region.
The Regional Vice-President, Sales, ASEAN is responsible for a large region with an established and sophisticated market. He/she is responsible for F5's presence in ASEAN. Manages a team of direct reports compromising senior level employees including directors, senior managers and technical personnel and is responsible for the hiring and development of the team. He/she ensures business integrity in relationships with internal and external customers and partners. He/she drives continuous change and flexibility in the organization while at the same time instituting infrastructure, process, discipline and rigor in daily business operations. He/she will be responsible for hiring great people, developing and retaining them, holding people accountable, bringing the team together and driving for success.
He/she is accountable for the overall sales quota of ASEAN. He/she is responsible for revenue growth and market momentum and directing all sales activities within the region, while securing and building upon the business partnerships already in place. He/she is responsible for developing the strategy of the region, planning and implementing forecasts, and establishing quotas in line with corporate guidance. He/she is responsible for setting and committing the overall quota of the assigned area. Sales targets will be achieved through the team within the region, channels partners and direct touch accounts. Activities include, but are not limited to, motivating the sales team, removing obstacles, marketing, systems & processes and regular business reviews. Results are achieved through personal connections, motivating a team of directors or senior managers versus personal selling.
Work aggressively with channel partners toward building greater lead-generation and ultimately reseller throughput. Continue to strengthen channels infrastructure that support aggressive growth in the region.
He/she is responsible for the F5 brand and external presence in the region and the principal spokesperson in the assigned area.
Drives customer satisfaction.
- A proven record in general management for a substantial enterprise technology business (ideally sized at least at 80+ people and annual revenue of USD75-100 million).
- A well-known and well regarded executive within ASEAN, and one who is considered a strong leader and manager by reputation.
- Experience in enterprise sales with a mixed model of direct/indirect and experiences in services is required.
- Having experience or knowledge of F5's market position as well as a strong "rolodex" of Telco, enterprise customers and industry contacts within ASEAN.
- Sound domain knowledge of Financial, Telco and Government verticals.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, attracting, developing, and engaging top talent while growing a business.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Multiple language skills are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Influencing skills as shown by success at building relationships across a highly matrixed-organization and partners to mobilize resources as needed to achieve objectives. The individual would know how to build and sustain internal and external relationships, and have the stature and credibility to interface at senior levels but be comfortable at all operating levels in customer and partner organizations. He/she should be experienced in calling at executive levels and able to influence key decision makers at government and regulatory bodies on adoption of IT best practices.
- An experienced negotiator who is capable of completing negotiations and consummate contacts with senior executives.
- Results-oriented, global strategic thinking, accountability and commitment to overachievement coupled with a strong sense of urgency with a disciplined focus on stretch goals and metrics/measurements of success.
- Strong experience in the overall sales and channel process.
- Must have experience in building systems and processes that provide the structure for delivery of extraordinary results, and long term sustainability.
- Seasoned executive with maturity and well developed people management skills, combined with significant passion, drive, energy levels and ambition.
- High commercial orientation, with a strong focus on the customer and a clear commitment to generating top-line growth.
- Strategic thinking: demonstrated capability in forward thinking and the ability to create an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term regional issues and effectively communicate the strategy and business plan to all levels of the organization.
- Strong and decisive decision maker, with strong planning and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Demonstrated track record of being able to cope well under pressure, and be able to provide sound judgment and leadership in tough conditions.
- Positive and out-going, with the personal presence and ability to relate well to customers, partners and colleagues at all levels of the organization both in the region and in the US.
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership, sound judgment and the highest level of business ethics.
- Absolute integrity and honesty.
- A recognized degree in a related field such as engineering, business administration or IT.
- A minimum of twelve years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in managing a team of senior managers or directors.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top