Regional Vice President, Marketing
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Regional Vice President (RVP) of Marketing is responsible for leading an international team in the development and execution of regional marketing programs that position F5 as the leader in ADC and App Security Services for any app, anywhere.
This senior leader will provide strategic direction and be responsible for multi-million dollar budgets; including Marketing & Promotions (M&P), Channel MDF (OPEX & Contra), Headcount, Travel & Entertainment, and all other related expenses. This individual must have the ability to work cross-functionally and across wide geographies with interdepartmental business partners, such as Product & Solutions Marketing, Marketing Operations, Corporate Marketing and Corporate Communications. They must also work cross-functionally with Sales Leadership, Finance, Human Resources and other functional areas.
An effective RVP develops highly effective teams that can build and execute creative and effective strategies and tactics that increase awareness and demand for F5 products and services. They must have the experience to leverage new and traditional tactics to capture qualified leads and effectively "nurture" them along the "buyer's journey" -- including demand gen and account base marketing, advertising, events/tradeshows, product launch activities, telemarketing, digital marketing and promotions. All strategies must align and support F5's brand message as established by the Corporate Marketing team.
This is a senior management position that requires the ability to analyze data, develop strategies to achieve desired metrics and present results at the highest executive levels. Qualified candidates must have the ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization. The ideal candidate has experience working for, or with, Channel and/or Cloud Partners (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Management duties include the hiring and supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Manage the assigned regional marketing team to ensure they have the appropriate resources to be successful in their positions
- Ensure that employees and partners in assigned regions understand how to properly position the company
- Ensure the consistent messaging for F5 products and value propositions
- Design and deliver promotions and incentives for upgrading customers, selling specific products and supporting the positive development of the F5 brand
- Management, allocation and accountability for the assigned regional marketing budget
- Creation, design and implementation of joint marketing plans and activities with key assigned regional partners in coordination with channel marketing team
- Creation and delivery of assigned regional hospitality events
- Ensuring F5 has a presence at appropriate partner events and tradeshows
- Measure the success of all marketing programs to determine effectiveness including working closely with product & solutions marketing, sales and channel sales to ensure the effectiveness of lead generation programs
- Measure customer and market perceptions of F5 brand - making adjustments based on market and customer perceptions
- Develop the marketing mix to achieve the goals of the communication plan within budget parameters
- Oversee the development of revenue impacting lead generation and partner marketing programs
- Establish and maintain budget controls and accountability
- Management of external creative suppliers
- Work cross-functionally and cross-regionally
- Support the development of effective internal communications
- Analyze data, develop strategies to achieve desired metrics and present results at the highest executive levels
- Ability to network and establish business level relationships with critical, strategic F5 business partners
- BA BS degree in business (marketing, communications or related area), MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing communications experience preferably at least 5 of those years in high-tech
- 5+ years in a strong leadership/management role
- Experience working with Channel and/or Cloud partners
- Demonstrated success marketing to security and/or developer audiences, highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications (or related experience)
- MBA preferred
- 10+ Years of Marketing experience (B2B and/or technology background preferred)
- Experience developing and executing effective brand marketing, demand generation and channel marketing strategies is required
- Experience managing analyst and press
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 40% of the time spent traveling.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work in a fast paced, high-energy environment
- This role involves customer facing engagements and may be subject to additional background check requirements per customer requests. All screenings and results will be subject to applicable law and F5 policies, and may be used to determine work assignment or further employment eligibility.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top