Regional Sales Director (NGINX Specialist Team)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world
NGINX, Inc., now proudly part of the F5 family, is the company behind NGINX, the popular open source project trusted by more than 450 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications.
We are currently searching for a Regional Sales Director to lead our growing NGINX Specialist Sales Team in Munich or Dusseldorf, Germany. You will be one of the first NGINX representative on the ground, selling into the DACH large enterprise market. This region includes Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
This both a management and a customer-facing, field-based, net new business role located in Munich or Dusseldorf, Germany. The role is supported by an Enterprise Solution Architect and other internal functions at NGINX.
If you want to make a difference, work for an open source company, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your CV - we'd love to talk.
What will I be doing?
As an Enterprise Sales Director, you will:
- Be a player/coach, founding and building the initial NGINX Specialist Team in the DACH region, while also driving your own set of accounts
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and lead your team by example, in the field
- Open doors and drive net-new business across large enterprise customers in the DACH region
- Promote and sell NGINX's products and services in the DACH region, with a primary focus on Financial Services, Telecommunications and Retail
- Develop, lead, and be responsible for the large enterprise pipeline for the DACH region to overachieve on sales targets with both net-new and install-base accounts
- Develop and maintain long-term, executive-level relationships within large enterprises in the DACH region
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of NGINX's products, services, trends, and competition
- Use your sales acumen and regional knowledge to build additional pipeline through outbound and sales prospecting activities
- Maintain a consistent sequence of communication with prospects and take advantage of available prospecting tools
- Maintain a high level of forecast accuracy expected
- Lead pricing and contract negotiation activities
- Initiate and develop relationships; maintain excellent levels of customer service
- Liaise with pre-sales, marketing, and engineering
- Ensure detailed reports are produced
What experience do I need?
- Experience building and growing a sales team from scratch or a small size
- Know how to work in a matrixed organisation
- A consistent track record of building your own pipeline and delivering on individual sales targets
- Experience in successfully carrying and exceeding multi-million euro quotas for large enterprises
- At least 10-plus years of experience selling infrastructure based software, including cloud, cloud native or middleware applications
- Significant experience of selling enterprise software into the Internet infrastructure/applications space
- Experience selling SaaS or subscriptions is very helpful
- Experience with open source software sales is a significant advantage
- You should be familiar working with and selling DevOps and CI/CD / Agile organisations
- Knowledge of APIs and API infrastructure software; or the middleware markets are definite advantages but not required
- Fluency in both English and German is required. Additional European languages are extremely useful
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills including the ability to deliver product presentations via webcasting tools
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM tool
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- While it is not required, having worked in a technical role in your career - such as a solution architect, systems engineer, developer - is a significant advantage and will rapidly increase your success rate in this NGINX Specialist Sales role
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top