Regional NGINX Solution Architect – Hong Kong Based
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you SA unicorn?
SA Unicorn: the SA who knows how to bridge technology and business to help customers achieve the desired outcome. A trusted advisor and advocate for the customer.
Are you someone who has a passion for technology and an unrelenting voracity to be the best? Do you want to help empower the world through technology and innovation? Do you want to be a part of a company, a TEAM, that exudes this?
We are searching for a talented Solution architect who passionately believes in and wants to help our customers make their technological vision a reality. NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open-source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
This NGINX Solution Architect role may support region like HK, Taiwan, South China(when happens)
What will you be doing?
- Articulate the NGINX product strategy, messaging and positioning NGINX's value proposition and solutions for customer and partner business objectives
- Act as a trusted advisor through sales presentations, solution designs, solution demonstrations, proof of concepts by various mediums - in-person/virtual presentations, whiteboards etc
- Drive the sales process in partnership with the Regional Systems Engineering Team, by identifying the Technical Decision Maker, getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle from pre-sales, technical, through post-sales activities
- Bridge between the customer and NGINX/F5 product development and marketing
- Collect feedback from field teams and coalesce feature requirements for product management and product development
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape, including appropriate documentation
- Maintain knowledge and skills by attending appropriate training, conferences, community events, and pursuing self-study
- Become established as the primary technical reference in the Theatre by building trust and credibility with customers; partners and internal colleagues
- Collect information from the Regional System Engineering team to help understand regional and Theatre requirements, markets, and competition
- Focus on driving adoption of new NGINX and F5 technologies and solutions, generate new strategic differentiators for F5's features and solutions
- Speak at conferences and F5 events such as industry events, workshops, roadshows, partner and customer events from all industry sectors
- Contribute to press articles, interviews and promoting views on the transformation of business through the usage of technology
- Form a close relationship with the Business Units product management teams, key product manager, and the various Business Development teams.
- Gives PM and PD visibility on market and customer feature requirements and project wins and losses
- Partner with PM and PD to get information on the roadmap, next product versions and strategies
- Responsible for upholding F5's business code of ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the code or other company policies.
Desirable Knowledge, Technical Skills, Abilities:
- Intelligent load balancing
- Application acceleration
- Application request routing
- Web serving
- Dynamic content caching
- SSL and compression offload
- Experience in traffic management and load-balancing technologies (F5, Citrix, Riverbed, Kemp, NGINX, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTTP, web servers, and web applications
- Knowledge of associated protocols (TCP/IP, WebSocket, SPDY/HTTP2, SSL, SMTP, POP, DNS, etc.)
- Cloud and SaaS/PaaS/IaaS platforms
- Microservices architecture, systems, and tools experience/knowledge (K8s, Docker, OpenShift, etc.)
- Experience in API development and/or management (MuleSoft, 3Scale, Kong, etc.)
- Terraform (and other HashiCorp tools)
- Extensive knowledge in Unix-/Linux-based operating systems
- Hands-on NGINX experience a plus
- Experience in presales as a system engineer and end to end network and/or application solutions architect.
- Drives the definition of end-to-end customer requirements
- Proven experience building reference architectures for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
- Experience in DevOps environment (understand tools, processes, culture)
- Expert ability to generate competitive analysis
- Excellent public presentation skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- 8+ years' experience in IT infrastructure, application development and deployment, cloud and other IaaS/PaaS technologies, etc
- Implementation experience with enterprise private and public cloud solutions.
- Significant technical expertise in cloud computing or other SaaS/PaaS/IaaS technologies, integrating 3rd party monitoring tools, encryption tools and best practices.
- Experience in scripting languages (JSON, Perl, Python, Go, etc) or other languages such as Java
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% national and international, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top