Quality Engineer II
- San Francisco, CA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world!
NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
Are you looking to be an integral part of a development team delivering high-quality features for exciting next generation products? Do you want to contribute to the cutting-edge, high-quality technology and products NGINX is known for worldwide? If so, we'd love to hear from you. The NGINX Business Unit at F5 is searching for experienced Quality Engineers and Senior Quality Engineers to join our team in our San Francisco, Seattle, or Boulder offices.
On our team, you will have a major hand in development, modification, and execution of software testing and test automation for NGINX's control plane applications. Our control plane products make it easy for customers to improve the performance, reliability, and security of their applications. You will apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience to ensure the software quality we are known.
- Champion for product quality within the team and is accountable for an assessment of product readiness and commitments on product delivery schedules
- Develop high-quality, end-to-end automation tests that match acceptance criteria and user scenarios
- Execute automation at the right times in the pipelines and produce valuable metrics to inform the teams.
- Write scripts and automation to help with CI/CD pipelines
- Help develop and build the test infrastructure with the DevOps team
- Work with the product management team to define good Acceptance Criteria for our stories
- Perform manual exploratory testing to help identify difficult to find bugs and UX issues
- Ensure the monthly releases are validated and ready for our customers
- Work with a distributed agile team
- Experience writing automated end-to-end tests for a large enterprise application
- Solid experience with Linux operating systems
- Deep understanding of software quality methodologies and processes
- Experience with developing test automation code using Python
- Experience with CI/CD and project management tools (e.g., Gitlab, CI/CD tools, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with web technologies (e.g., REST, JSON etc.)
- Experience with test automation frameworks (e.g., Pytest/Cucumber/Selenium)
- Experience with public clouds (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform)
- Preferable: Experience with container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- You are disciplined, have an eye for details, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quality Engineer: 2+ years of experience with a bachelor's degree; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace diversity
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top