QA Engineer III
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Why do you want to join our team?
F5 leads the market in building products to make every app run faster, smarter and safer anywhere. To support our growing business, we need to expand our corporate IT organization by creating a new delivery center in Hyderabad.
When you start this role, you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to help develop our IT Quality Assurance practices in our newly established Hyderabad office. You get the adventure and independence of working at a start-up without any of the financial risk because you are supported by a growing Fortune 1000 technology company.
What will you do?
As an experienced member of the QA technical staff, you will shape the practices of the team and coach others on the team to develop their skills. You will work with our Seattle team to use established tools to support global delivery. You will help ensure we deliver quality solutions for our corporate customers by running the test process from initial script design through the development of automated regression suites. You will find the defects that could impact the performance and accuracy of our systems and work with development teams to resolve.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
Encourage and inspire others
• Assist in the development, documentation and adoption of standards, process and best practices for IT QA.
• Serves a mentor to less experienced team members
Support projects and releases
• Provide testing support to projects and product releases both with automated tests, and manual testing as required
• Work closely with developers, analysts and system administrators as QA SME to model and foster the implementation of IT QA practices into projects and production support activities
• Contribute user stories to automated test development backlog using existing manual test scripts, project requirements, support tickets and on request from IT technical staff.
• Develop automated test cases as prioritized using team-selected tools.
• Contribute to and develop components of a test automation framework that supports integration, scheduled regression and on-request execution of tests.
• Participate in the planning for and develop the tools/systems needed to make test automation execution and reporting accessible to IT staff.
• Participate in the planning for and develop the tools/systems needed for application performance testing (user experience, progressive change, load, stress, etc.).
Run and report results from Automated tests
• Schedule/execute automated tests and use tools execute requested testing
• Report findings, log defects and ensure an appropriate disposition for each
• Maintain test automation application(s) (sustaining engineering)
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• An understanding of concepts of automation and performance testing required
• Excellent communication and social skills with high degree of fluency in English
• Confidence to work independently in a global delivery environment
• Ability to provide phenomenal customer service to both internal and external customers
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, changing environment
• Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
What will we look for on your resume?
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in all phases of testing with heavy exposure to automation
• Experience multiple software development methodologies/lifecycles required
• Proficient in Micro Focus UFT and ALM (formerly HP/Mercury QTP & Quality Center) required
• Experience with testing of data-driven and event-driven architectures desired
• Strong programming knowledge of object-oriented programming languages desired
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top