Project Manager III
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The IT Project Manager III is responsible for the delivery of complex, or enterprise wide IT projects on time, on budget, meeting stakeholder objectives. Projects span infrastructure, application development, integration, web services, and security. This position is part of an IT PMO team of project managers, and reports to the Sr. IT PMO Manager.
- Support engineers, test engineers, systems administrators, database administrators, project sponsors and others to achieve project goals
- Work with management to obtain required project resources
- Develop and actively manage project plans, charters, schedules, risks, budgets and resources to deliver required results
- Reporting on project status, risks, decisions, health, corrective measures
- Contribute updates and status to enterprise project dashboard
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple efforts and negotiate competing priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, creativity
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC; familiar with agile development methodology
- Application of industry based project management and systems development methodologies and tools
- Ability to lead through ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Ability to establish confidence and credibility with senior level IT leaders and executive stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, foster open communications on teams
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 6+ years of project management experience leading complex projects and teams
- PMP certification
- Proven and substantial experience delivering large IT development or IT technology projects in a matrixed organization
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top