Professional Services Consultant
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Our Consultants provide contracted and billable customer engagements. F5 Consultants are called upon to assist customers and partners in designing/deploying/integrating customer solutions with F5 products. The role requires customer expectation management and technical fulfillment. Primary focus will be on F5 Networks products and their integration with customer networks and other equipment. This may include detailed analysis of a customer's architecture in order to determine the most efficient means of execution, as well as assistance in the construction and assessment of basic project plans for the work to be completed. This to include any Statement of Works (SoWs) and Services quotations, as and when required.
- Manages customer interaction and engagement, including project scoping, Statement of Work development, deliverable documentation and follow-up
- Installation - Performing complex installations of systems at customer sites and remotely.
- Consultancy: Performing Consultancy engagements. Including architecture reviews, architecture design and creation of high and low level design documentation
- Upgrades, as required - Planning and implementing Software/Firmware and Hardware upgrades
- Management, and usage of, the Professional Services lab environment; writing concise, yet detailed, consultancy SoWs and providing accurate and timely consultancy/installation quotations as required
- Providing a professional image for F5, and the EMEA Professional Services team at all times; communicating clearly, and in the appropriate manner, to end-users, channel-partners and F5 staff
- Relevant and demonstrated technical experience across F5 product technologies, particularly F5 BIG-IP
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking (Such as switches, routers and firewalls) and services (Such as DNS, HTTP, TLS) is required
- A working Knowledge of the following topics would be highly beneficial
- Automation (REST, Ansible)
- Cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP Architecture, CloudFormations / ARM templates)
- Containers (Kubernetes / Docker)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexible to travel to customer sites across EMEA to fulfill this role's requirements
- Flexible to travel to the US for training as required - 4 weeks technical training in Seattle as part of Consultant onboarding
- UK security clearance credentials are considered beneficial, though not essential
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Daily computer use in an office environment. Note that whilst we prefer employees to be based at near Chertsey, Surrey offices, we can offer flexibility on role location. On average approximately 50% of work is remote, however this varies engagement by engagement and region by region. You should be prepared to perform 80% European travel, occasionally extending to the Middle East and Africa.
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top