Professional Services Consultant
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- Austin, TX
- Queens, NY
- New Brunswick, NJ
- Wellesley, MA
- Canton, GA
- Revelstoke, Canada
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open source project. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices-based applications. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solutions bridge the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that enable companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonald's rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
The NGINX group within F5 is looking for Professional Services Consulting Engineers to join our Professional Services team, and work remotely (preference for cities near major airport hubs such as San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, DC, Los Angeles, Boston, etc.). You will be responsible for providing clients with services related to the installation, configuration, and tuning NGINX products.
Are valued and empowered. They are collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to helping their colleagues and customers thrive.
Attractions of the Job:
The F5 NGINX Consultant is an innovative engineer working in partnership with our clients, advising them how to use F5 NGINX-oriented solutions to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. They are thought leaders in the role, providing strategic guidance and domain expertise to customers with regard to implementation and configuration of NGINX products. A Consultant is the face of F5 while engaged on customer projects and a key contributor in fostering a positive relationship between customers and F5 through effective communication and successful delivery of the solutions. They understand and articulate goals and critical success factors for the project, engage in collaborative dialogue to ensure client needs are met, and maintain timely communication.
This role can be 100% remote for qualified candidates.
- Act as key contributor, analyzing customer business problems and architecting and implementing appropriate solutions utilizing NGINX products, including the NGINX Plus commercial product, NGINX Controller, NGINX Kubernetes Ingress Controller, etc., either onsite and/or remotely
- Help customers implement NGINX products in their Linux and FreeBSD environments, including installation, configuration, tuning, load testing, and auditing
- Lead customer engagement and interaction over the course of the assigned projects
- Provide and document standardized methodologies for implementing NGINX products
- Participate in product SME lists, feedback to all F5 technical teams including consulting, sales, product management and support.
- Maintain working proficiency in NGINX and other F5 products and third-party technologies through self-directed and formal training
- Knowledge of the NGINX open source software, NGINX Plus, or other NGINX products
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) with 0-2 years of experience or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with Linux
- Demonstrated experience in a technical customer-facing role, preferably in a post-sales capacity
- Deep understanding of TCP and HTTP
- Knowledge of traffic management and load-balancing technologies
- Skills in networking technologies, and Internet security products and services
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Excellent communication, business writing, and presentation skills in English
- You enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- You enjoy traveling 10-30% of the time
NGINX started as and will always be an open source company, and as a result, our culture shares many characteristics with the open source community itself. This culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We're a growing company with a startup feel and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If our team has one thing in common, it's our passion for NGINX and dedication to a product that is beloved by hundreds of millions of people.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top