Product Marketing Manager - Developer Audience
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
You will develop understanding of the target customers and market dynamics in order to launch and support new products, services, and technologies to customers, the F5 sales force, analysts and channel partners. The role requires excellent writing skills in prose and presentation formats, as well as marketing execution and business analysis skills with a proven track record of effectively promoting technology products and solutions. You will craft product messaging and positioning, launch new products, and enable sales teams.
Do you have strong communication and project coordination skills? Can you work effectively with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Corporate Marketing, and Sales and Business Development, to lead and execute on a wide variety of product marketing initiatives. Will you love developing customer and sales-facing presentations and other materials, including sales playbooks, white papers, website material, videos, and written communications to employees and external audiences.
- Drive build of the New Product Developer Marketing Plan, partnering with New Product team and F5 leaders. In addition, champion high quality execution of plan. All to achieve and further desired New Product GTM launch/business objectives
- Be the worldwide Developer—and DevOps in particular—audience expert, understanding audience sizing, developer trends, cloud landscape ecosystem; and as the voice of the developer audience provide timely feedback to help shape New Product marketing and product strategy and execution
- Lead research to ensure a data-driven understanding of audience
- Shape and run developer programs aligned to New Product Marketing Plan
- Develop compelling developer marketing content based on solid understanding of the audience, ecosystem, market (including competitors), and technical product knowledge to fuel on- and offline marketing engine
- Build and foster relationships with influential Developer/DevOps community members
- Ensure our presence in key developer communities and events is compelling for key audiences
- Support partner ecosystem and channel marketing initiatives includes identifying, evaluating and executing against partnership opportunities
- Support in-product marketing resource requirements
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates F5 products in the market
- Enable Sales/Partner teams by communicating the value proposition of the products and developing the sales tools that support the sales motion of your products
- Support product launches by developing launch plans for new products and releases and managing the cross-functional implementation of the plans
- Produce product collateral such as sales, customer, and analyst presentations, product overview and datasheets, FAQs, briefs, and webcasts
- Build and leverage market intelligence by understanding the new and emerging F5 buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria, and by understanding the competition and how to position successfully
- Contribute to demand generation efforts by delivering product content and participating in activities for the marketing programs that drive demand for F5 products
- Develop and implement go-to-market plan in coordination with cross-functional team including corporate marketing, sales/channel readiness, and BD teams.
- Communicate with sales and channel teams, customers, and partners via webcasts, direct meetings, marketing communications, and industry events.
- Support engagements with industry press and trade analysts,
- Experience working in a global role and understanding marketing difference across different regions
- Extensive hands on experience with Microsoft Office. Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Good collaboration and negotiation skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams and organizations and locations
- Knowledge of enterprise marketing and sales processes
- Understanding of networking technologies is a plus.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- 10% to 25% of the time spent traveling.
- BA/BS degree required with 2 years work experience required
- Developer marketing experience or equivalent
- Experience analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics
- Project management skills
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top