Product Manager - Service Provider
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Product Manager(PM) is a member of a product or solution team and is responsible for helping to drive the product strategy and requirements. A PM must be the market expert listening to customer and prospect needs, analyzing market dynamics, and setting product direction.
A PM manages the complete product lifecycle from definition and introduction to end-of-life. They must work collaboratively, driving strategic alignment within the organization, and have the ability to communicate effectively to both internal and external audiences. A PM develops requirements using a balance of future vision, near term opportunities, customer requirements, business acumen, and management of day-to-day product issues. The PM will engage with executives, channel, end users, and business partners. The position is dynamic and the individual must be comfortable with frequent multi-tasking among technical, business, strategic, marketing and planning activities.
• Conduct market analyses, product/solutions requirements definition, and financial ROI analyses to guide strategic product roadmaps
• Engage customers and prospects to understand and meet their business objectives with f5 product solutions
• Correctly target the product in the market, build competitive advantages, and provide the go to market implementation in order to shorten the time of sale for maximum sales effectiveness
• Create and maintain Market Requirement Documents (MRD) for product requirements based on market inputs such as: customer calls/visits, partners, trends, field feedback, services, win/loss analysis, competitive analysis and other market opportunities
• Partner with marketing, engineering, services, sales, and customers to drive product direction for F5's products
• Create and deliver presentations tailored to the stakeholders and act as a key evangelist for F5 to the F5 product/solution set
• Create reports that track the performance of assigned product(s) based on revenue, customers, market penetration, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, organize and champion key initiatives and projects for product development
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex technology clearly
• Flexible, self-motivated, team player
• Ability to work independently or lead others on projects
• Excellent leadership, negotiation & persuasion skills
• Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10-25% of the time spent traveling
• BA/BS degree in related field required, MBA a plus
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top