Product Manager - Gi-LAN, PEM, AFM
- San Jose, CA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position can be successfully filled from any global location.
You will drive product strategy and requirements within F5's Gi-LAN, PEM, and AFM products. Listening to customer and prospect needs, analyzing market dynamics, and your own market expertise and discernment will help you succeed in setting product direction.
We expect Product Mangers to manage the complete product lifecycle from definition and introduction to end-of-life, working collaboratively, driving strategic alignment within the organization, and communicate effectively to both internal and external audiences. We develop requirements using a balance of future vision, near term opportunities, customer requirements, business insight, and management of day-to-day product issues. We engage with executives, business partners, channel, and end users. This position is dynamic with frequent multi-tasking among technical, business, strategic, marketing and planning activities.
For our products, the buck stops with us!
- Engage with customers to understand their businesses, operational constraints, and specific needs
- Define overall vision and strategy for a product / solution, including target customer persona, customer value proposition, and creating business goals
- Own delivering against those business goals for the product / solution
- Own Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), including product planning / concept definition, Minimum Viable Product (MVP) definition (when is an offering good enough for launch?), ongoing release strategy, and ultimately product retirement. Work with program management to drive the logistics of the PLM.
- Define capabilities and requirements for product / solution to align with strategy; create and maintain a Market Requirement Documents (MRD) or equivalent, including a plan of Record (POR)/Roadmap
- Conduct market analyses and financial return on investment analyses to inform product / solution roadmap and prioritize product backlog
- Collaborate positively with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Agile Product Owners, and many others, to drive decisions on backlog prioritization (e.g., customer expectations vs. engineering realities)
- Develop and deliver compelling product positioning with clear competitive differentiation and return on investment to all audiences include executives, customers, partners and analysts.
- In collaboration with Product Marketing, Sales, Corporate Marketing, Partners, and Customers, develop overall go-to-market strategy and plan, including packaging, pricing, and positioning
- Build dashboards and metrics to monitor the performance of product / solution, based on pipeline, bookings, customers, etc.
- Build excitement for the overall F5 product strategy and portfolio and specific product / solution with customers, market analysts, and internal partners with great interpersonal communications, customer events and external presentations.
- Very high customer and partner engagement to receive feedback and handle escalations calmly
- Overall accountability for the success of the product and business, crafting internal visibility and business analysis for QBR's and business reviews.
- Deep understanding of service provider network architecture and applications
- knowledge of industry standards
- Solid understanding of network analytics and platforms
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, prioritize and champion key initiatives and projects for product development
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex technology clearly
- Flexibility, self-motivation, loves teamwork
- Ability to work independently or creatively lead others on projects
- Excellent leadership, collaboration & persuasion skills
- Excellent understanding of the SP Market with trends, customer deployment models, monetization models and new technologies
- Ability to take complex concepts and make them easy to understand and differentiate F5 vs. the competition.
- Good understanding of F5 products and solutions and where they fit in telco architecture
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Proficiency in the technologies and trends in the Service provider, Mobile and Cable space.
- May require travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10-25% of the time spent traveling.
- BA/BS degree in relevant field required, MBA a plus
- 8+ years of experience in technical product management or equivalent
- 3+ years of related experience (enterprise networking, security, cloud service/products, IT operations)
- 3+ years analyzing products, customers and market dynamics a plus
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top