Product Management Engineer - Service Provider-Lab
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Sr. Product Management Engineer (Sr. PME) is senior technical resource within the Service Provider (SP) Product Management organization responsible for owning all aspects of Service Provider Testing Lab. This is unique opportunity for self-starter to define many aspects of SP Lab design and operations as well as to execute on specific solutions design and testing. Sr. PME SP Lab are expected to have F5 product knowledge, experience with Service Provider solutions, experience in designing and automating testing lab environments and ability to communicate with customers, F5 Sales, Product Development and Testing.
• Define and own SP Lab design including: base harness design, interconnectivity between SP Lab and other test labs
• Define and own SP Lab operations including: intake and prioritization of solutions, planning and timeline definition, capacity definition
• Lead design of test solutions including: defining testing methodology, designing scale model solutions, extrapolating and reporting results
• Execute and/or direct build of solution and testing
• Work with Sales, PM and PD on prioritization of tested solution
• Define automation opportunities
• Provide technical documentation (like Solution Sizing Guides) based on testing
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong Network and/or Security Engineering skills
• Deep knowledge of F5 BIG-IP and other products
• Strong background in Service Provider industry either from operator or vendor side
• Experience with solution development and testing
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Sales Engineering and customers (understanding of problem, understanding the solution, interpreting and communicating testing results)
• Test Lab environment development, operations, and automation experience strongly preferred
• Knowledge and experience with both HW and Virtualized solutions desired
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required - both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology simply
• Ability to create simple Power Point presentations based on complex technical data
• Functional knowledge of underlying technologies and protocols including HTTP, TCP/IP, Diameter, SIP, GTP
• Functional knowledge of networking products such as routers, firewalls, Windows and/or Linux/UNIX server
• Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
• Ability to work flexible hours based on a milestone driven test/product development cycle
• Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
• Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane.
• BA/BS Computer Science Degree or equivalent plus 8+ years experience; or equivalent work experience recommended.
• Relevant work experience in Service Provider industry required: Carrier, networking or security vendor, or consulting related to network products preferred
• Strong industry background including past experience with one or more of the following: load balancing, application layer firewalls, SSL VPNs, web acceleration, and WAN
• Prior experience with Solution Testing preferred
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top