Product Management Engineer - Management, Automation, and Orchestration Products
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
You will be a technical resource within the Product Management organization responsible for product analysis, product solutions and technical understanding across F5s management, automation and orchestration services. You will also be responsible for the analysis of competitor's products, sales, and strategy. We believe you have, and will develop more, product knowledge (both F5 and competitive), technical sales ability, and a high level of networking engineering knowledge (including design and troubleshooting).
- You will participate in the overall product strategy as well as contribute to the creation of centralized management, orchestration and automation sales materials focusing on competitive advantages and winning customer workflows.
- Real passion for building prototype solutions and mockups to explore and solve technical challenges.
- Present and demo F5 solutions at customer and partner user groups and conferences.
- Work independently on technical issues with minimal need for supervision or assistance.
- Build and maintain demo environments to showcase F5 solutions to F5 sales, partners and customers.
- Partner closely with other team members and departments, including product development and sales teams to craft solutions.
- Provide product and market analysis to Product Management and Product Development.
- Perform analyses and testing of competitor products to enhance F5 product requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required - both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology simply
- Experience with various orchestration and automation technologies, including ansible, terraform and packer preferred
- Deep knowledge and experience in agile product development methodologies
- Experience with public cloud technologies and services preferred
- Experience with F5 technologies preferred
- Involve travel inside and outside the US (10% of the time spent traveling)
- Ability to work flexible hours based on rigorous test/product development cycle
- Ability to learn quickly - we value flexibility
- BA/BS Computer Science, Engineering Degree with 5 years of work experience; or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years relevant work experience required: Preferably in engineering, IT, technical sales or consulting related to network products.
- Strong industry background including past experience with one or more of the following: Network management including automation and orchestration technologies, load balancing, application layer firewalls, SSL VPNs, web acceleration, and WAN
- Technical sales experience preferred
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we embrace diversity
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
See Inside the Office of F5 Networks
Founded in 1996, F5 originally made a name for itself with load-balancing products. Since then, F5 has become a market leader and expanded its offerings to include the everything in the application delivery space—from load-balancing and acceleration to a whole host of security and authentication products, both on the cloud and at local datacenters.
Back to top