Product Management Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Product Management Engineer II (PME II) is a technical resource within the Product Management organization responsible product analysis and technical documentation. They are also responsible for the analysis of competitor's products, sales, and strategy. PME IIs are expected to have product knowledge (both F5 and competitive), technical sales ability, and a high level of networking engineering knowledge (including design and troubleshooting).
- Participate in the overall product strategy as well as assist in the creation of sales materials focusing on competitive advantages
- Provide product and market analysis to Product Management and Product Development
- Work independently on technical issues with minimal need for supervision or assistance
- Full ownership of assigned projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Partner closely with other team members and departments
- Perform analyses and testing of competitor products in order to enhance F5 product management requirements
- Contributing expert on competitors and their products
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required – both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology simply
- Ability to create simple Power Point presentations based on complex technical data
- Functional knowledge of networking products such as routers, firewalls, Windows and/or Linux/UNIX server
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related protocols
- Strong knowledge in Network Engineering
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience with various performance tools associated with stress testing preferred
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on a milestone driven test/product development cycle
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 15% of the time spent traveling.
- BA/BS Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience recommended.
- 4+ years relevant work experience required: Preferably in engineering, IT, technical sales or consulting related to network products.
- Strong industry background including past experience with one or more of the following: load balancing, application layer firewalls, SSL VPNs, web acceleration, and WAN
- Technical sales experience preferred
- Competitive Intelligence experience preferred
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top