Principal Threat Security Evangelist
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
F5 Networks is the market leader in application delivery. We have market leading application security, access and availability products which feed F5 Labs threat intelligence. F5 Labs is under the Technical Security Marketing group that provides deep product / solution and services expertise to support strategic sales efforts, product marketing activities and general product/market evangelism.
F5 Labs mission is to establish F5 as a global Information Security leader through publishing actionable threat intelligence. Raw data is of little value. At F5, we process and analyze global threat data into intelligence in the form of who, what, when, why, how and what's next of cyber threats. We educate the security community on how to leverage threat intelligence to prioritize their security programs and hopefully stay out of the news. The Principal Threat Research Evangelist is a key role at F5 Labs driving awareness of F5's threat intel, building F5's credibility in the security industry, and driving overall pipeline growth in their region. It requires someone with exceptional written and/or oral communication skills, a deep passion for Information Security and threat intelligence, and a commitment to making sure the world knows about our solutions. The Principal F5 Labs Evangelist will set the standard for messaging for our threat intelligence. The Principal F5 Labs Evangelist is responsible for staying on top of industry technology trends which are relevant to F5 Labs focus. A Principal F5 Labs Evangelist must strive to achieve industry recognition in their respective geographical area. The Principal F5 Labs Evangelist will also lead emergency response events in which impactful 0-day vulnerabilities and exploits are impacting the global community.
- Drive awareness of F5 as a security company through research, content authored for F5Labs.com and industry bylines, speaking engagements, and social media.
- Analyze and investigate threat data and conceptualize stories, write threat research reports, articles and blogs.
- Apply business acumen to threat research for C-Level thought leadership stories that define high level trends by industry, vertical or geographic area.
- Stay on top of emerging threats that could be first to market blogs
- Focus on media friendly stories that will drive press coverage
- Drive data collection and processing processes between F5's various product and research teams as well as partners to enhance F5 Lab's global threat viewpoint and resulting threat research reports.
- Act as SME within F5 Labs threat research categories
- Evangelize F5 Labs and promote thought leadership at conferences, partner events, through social media and onsite at clients.
- Be a recognized leader in your local security community.
- Build your global persona as a security leader through research proposed to key conferences to earn speaking engagements, published content pitched to media, and through social media.
- Seek out and identify new opportunities for message delivery and thought leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and credibility of the Technical Marketing team by providing peer-review and discussion of content produced.
- Held to the highest level of standard for quality of messaging and thought leadership at global level for a specialized areas of knowledge.
- Provide mentorship to technical marketing managers on the marketing architecture team.
- Meld the capabilities of F5 Labs threat intelligence into products and solutions, the needs of the market and the direction of technology into a vision of new ideas and new ways of doing things; ability to effectively communicate that vision, excite and educate on that vision and infect others with the possibilities
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Must be able to work individually as part of a cohesive team.
- Passion for evangelizing solutions, promoting the products and public speaking.
- Capable of tackling and explaining technical issues without the need for supervision or assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required - both oral and written, with the ability to educate others about complex threats and impacts and clearly articulate business level benefits.
- Senior technical writing skills
- Ability to analyze large security threat intelligence datasets to identify key trends, themes, and future potentials
- Strong business acumen including understanding of global markets and the geo-politics of cyber attacks.
- Confident and intelligent worker capable of thinking outside the box and working independently
- Must be able to designing programs and make key decisions independently
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as an interest, and ability, in being a team player
- Must be curious in nature as investigating is a key part of the job
- Understanding of global security compliance frameworks
- 15+ years relevant work experience required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience recommended.
- MBA or advanced degree desirable
- Senior Level Information Security Engineering, Architecture or Analyst, and Management experience required
- Technical data processing and analytics experience required
- Background in security threat analytics preferred
- Public persona within the Information Security industry a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 60% via automobile and airplane.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) in the case of a major 0-day exploit requiring timely investigation and response.
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highly subsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stock purchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 9 paid holidays, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top