Principal Software Engineer-DevOps
- Hyderabad, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
At F5, we make apps faster, smarter, and safer...from anywhere. Come work within the CM team in an exciting, fast-paced environment charting the course for F5's current and future. You'll get to build and maintain world class systems. Come join a dynamic team using F5 IP, various open-source platforms, public cloud IaaS services, and demonstrating your own skills. Build services that are performant, reliable, secure, and scalable within a company known for our excellent culture.
If you enjoy providing quality solutions while keeping a focus on high availability, scalability, maintainability, and security then you are the Software Engineer that we would like to have join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of our services. You'll evaluate them and implement migration plans to move from data centers into public clouds.
- You are an expert in architecting, building and maintaining scalable applications that enable critical capabilities at an enterprise-level.
- Be the subject-matter-expert in the assigned domain and drive cross-domain integrations.
- Expert in handling multiple serves with focus on performance and responses.
- Strong technical skills in handling applications across regions, and availability-zones, that handle massive amounts of data, taking care for efficient store, data retention, governance and compliance, different service needs.
- Craft architecture/system design documents focusing on visualizing workflows and specify clear interfaces.
- Configure and lead a variety of internally developed and third-party applications and services, across multiple environments.
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes, and standards.
- You will show us how you handle technical mentorship to lower level engineers.
- Conduct presentations internally and externally.
- Have indepth understanding of CI/CD, Build and automation services.
- You are the 'go to person' for the Servers, CM and build services in the assigned domain
- Serves as technical expert for a module/system
- Leads analysis of requirements and defines the design for new and modification of existing tools, utilities, environments, modules/systems
- Plan and implement the design specifications for the engineering project.
- Assists Architects and Managers with project scope and estimating
- Sets the direction and assists with the technical work flow of other engineers within the scope of assigned projects.
- Liaises with cross-functional teams to ensure that project is delivered in its entirety.
- Act as a mentor for junior members of the team
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems
- Engages with customers to address escalations and devise solutions
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience across multiple business domains
- Proven expertise in coding/designing enterprise-grade integrations across systems and platforms
- Proven expertise in coding/designing and integrating via RESTful API
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD and project management tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Jira, Bugzilla, etc).
- Expertise in coding/designing/deploying microservices.
- Experience in upgrading applications and servers.
- Experience in building applications using containers - Kubernetes in particular
- Good experience in cloud environments - AWS, Azure, vSphere
- Strong experience in working in an agile environment
- Strong experience in working in a devops teams
- Develop the required system design models (sequence, state-transition & activity diagrams) to articulate the functionality and integrations to various stakeholders and partner teams.
- In depth experience in analyzing and designing complex enterprise software systems.
- Experience in designing and developing cloud-based software systems using AWS, Azure, Google, and vSphere
- Knowledge of IP networking adds the advantage
- Expert Knowledge and extensive experience with vertical stack technologies.
- Experience developing complex product development initiatives from concept through release.
- Exceptional problem-solving.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Regularly finds ways to communicate widely through discussions, white papers, publications and other.
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others' ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Regarded as technical lead by peers and management.
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert in multiple skill areas.
- Typically requires a minimum of 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 10+ years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 7 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top