Principal Software Engineer - PDI Team
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you looking for a great team, a positive and productive work environment, and the opportunity to fully leverage your exceptional technical and leadership skills towards driving the vision, engineering, and delivery, of world class software systems?
The Product Development Infrastructure (PDI) Team's mission is to provide the tools, systems, services, and infrastructure required to fuel the growth of a rapidly expanding, industry leading Product Development organization whose mission critical networking products are globally deployed by many of the largest IT enterprises today. We are seeking an exceptionally sharp Software Engineer to work with us in making a profound impact across the Product Development organization at F5. Our organization will provide you with highly challenging work, solid career growth opportunities, and one of the best compensation packages you will find in the industry. If you enjoy working on complex problems, value a workplace where you are treated with respect, and are prepared to 'go big or go home', we look forward to hearing from you!
The build services team at F5 is responsible for scenarios that range from running make on a build target, to end-to-end developer workflows involving a multi-part tool chain.
- We provide web services, reporting, data analytics, and storage services.
- We have a distributed build system, and our code runs in 6 data centers located in 3 countries.
- We are solving complex problems involving dependency trees, parallelism, resource optimization, distributed systems, storage utilization, performance requirements, scalability requirements, etc.
- We are expanding our use of virtualization & containerization technologies, e.g. VMWare, Xen, UML/CoLinux, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- We are expanding the system to support multiple cloud scenarios, and emerging products with new requirements.
- A willingness to learn, and to collaborate with teammates.
- Respect for teammates work, ideas and opinions.
Experience with the following technologies, or the motivation to learn these technologies, is required.
- Git, Peforce.
- VM technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure.
- Go, Python, C/C++, Java, SQL, Perl.
- Linux/Unix environment.
- RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ, Celery, Ansible, Puppet, Redis, OpenStack, ELK.
- Networking experience is a plus.
We are a development team. We are not a source code management team, or an operations team.
- Debugs failures and fixes bugs.
- Writes code to implement improvements and new features. You will be writing code on a regular basis.
- Responsible for producing architectural diagrams and design specifications. You will be producing these documents on a regular basis.
- Codes prototypes.
- Performs analysis to define requirements and refine design. This often involves writing code to gather and analyze data.
- Provides technical input and feedback for multiple software areas.
- Capable of accurately scoping projects and coming up with dev estimates.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure that project is delivered in its entirety.
- Assists teammates as needed.
- Does code reviews.
- Champions best practise methodologies, processes and standards.
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems.
- Engages with Product Development teams to understand workflows, address escalations and devise solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience developing complex product development initiatives from concept through release.
- Exceptional problem solving.
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others' ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Regarded as technical lead by peers and management.
- Subject Matter Expert in multiple skill areas.
- 10+ years' experience in the development of computer software in areas relevant to F5 product line
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top