Principal Software Engineer - Crypto Device Drivers
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Key designer, responsible for the design, development and implementation of cryptographic device drivers and related software components. Designs, develops and maintains high-quality code for highly complex product components. Manages assigned projects and work flow of engineers, serves as mentor to junior staff members. Participates on cross-functional design projects, serving as organizational spokesperson on advanced projects/programs. Assists in the generation and promotion of new theories, concepts, principles and methodologies within a specialty area. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. Performs analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments. Helps detail all aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework. Engages with customers and Product Management to deliver product solutions and influence product roadmap.
- Serves as technical expert for a module/system
- Leads analysis of requirements and defines the design for new and modification of existing tools, utilities, environments, modules/systems
- Research, investigate, evaluate new technologies to enhance existing or new product directions.
- Plan and implement the design specifications for the engineering project.
- Assists Architects and Managers with project scope and estimating
- Sets the direction and assists with the technical work flow of other engineers within the scope of assigned projects.
- Liaises with cross-functional teams to ensure that project is delivered in its entirety.
- Act as a mentor for junior members of the team
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems
- Engages with customers to address escalations and devise solutions
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience with cryptgraphic technologies, SSL accelerators and public key infrastructure(PKI) are essential.
- Experience in developing cryptographic device drivers in Linux system.
- Experience in bringing up a crypogrpahic acceleration chips in a platform.
- Knowledge of openssl or hardware security module (HSM) is a plus.
- Strong debugging and profiling skills especially in distributed / multithreaded environment.
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming languages with strong knowledge of data structures, run time complexities, IPC, RPC.
- Linux Kernel and FPGA driver development a plus.
- Must have strong L2/L3 networking experience.
- Good understanding of protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, SNMP
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies and effective unit testing.
- Experience with Perforce and scripting language is plus.
- Excellent analytic and trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with and support several different engineers (HW and SW) locally and remotely.
- Ability to estimate work and deliver tested and working software on time.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Demonstrated leadership role within project team.
- Regularly finds ways to communicate widely through discussions, white papers, publications and other.
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others' ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Regarded as technical lead by peers and management.
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert in multiple skill areas.
- 10+ years' experience in the development of computer software in areas relevant to F5 product line
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top