Principal Software Engineer - C++ with Networking
- Hyderabad, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you passionate about working with smart people on challenging problems in an environment that values hard work, integrity and teamwork? F5 Networks A Market leader in Application Delivery Controllers and Security platforms is hiring for its Centre of Excellence office in Hyderabad, India. Join our team of super smart engineers working in a fun, fast-paced, and highly technical environment where your dreams can become reality.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who designs, develops and maintains high-quality code for highly complex Core Data Plane components of BIG-IP product and will require cross-functional interactions with the broader F5 engineering team. You will work with a team that is smart, passionate and customer experience oriented. you'll be responsible for designing & developing features and components of highly scalable, distributedand high performing carrier grade software solution, working very closely with architects, leads, cross-functional teams and other stakeholders.
- Design and development of F5's Data Plane components.
- Interacts with key architects on the team and translates their specifications to functioning software.
- Provides technical solutions to detail certain aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Key designer, responsible for the design, development and implementation of complete software components.
- Leads analysis of requirements and defines the design for new and modification of existing tools, utilities, environments, modules/systems
- Researches, investigates, and prototypes new areas of technology to enhance existing products or new product direction.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- Evaluate performance of products to fine tune, refactor the design as per the requirements to scale up.
- Document software architecture designs via functional specifications and other design documents
- Conduct presentations internal and external, mentoring the team members
- May participate in hiring and onboarding process
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of Networking technologies, data structures & algorithms.
- Expert in C, C++ and quick learner
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- High performance networking (TCP/IP protocols, drivers, optimization)
- Linux networking driver and L2 protocol expertise
- Very good experience in SCM concepts like branching, labelling and in using tools (git or perforce)
- Indepth knowledge in Linux user space programing and OS internals
- Expert in using debugging tools like gdb, valgrind and static code analysis tools like coverity.
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others' ideas, working well within and other teams, influencing others, and making teams .
- Candidate must be passionate enjoy solving complex problems. This is a fast paced, innovative environment and requires candidate to grasp new technologies quickly. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Regularly finds ways to communicate widely through discussions, white papers, publications and other.
- Expert Knowledge and extensive experience with vertical stack technologies.
- Experience developing complex product development initiatives from concept through release.
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert in multiple skill areas.
- Experience with CI/CD
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours for better collaboration with International teams.
Requires a minimum of 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor of Engineering in ECE/Computers or 14+ years experience with ME/MTech in ECE/Computers.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top