Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Shape Security (now part of F5) is the world leader in anti-automation and fraud defense for web and mobile applications. We are security and web specialists, pioneers, evangelists, and elite researchers. We believe in the power of the Internet to be a positive force; our mission is to protect every website and mobile app from cybercriminals. Come be a part of our unparalleled team that is responsible for making the Internet a safer place for everyone!
As a Principal engineer on the Shape Enterprise Defense team, you will be solving unique and challenging problems in our core bot-detection engine. Shape Enterprise Defense is Shape's solution for preventing fraud and cyberattacks on web and mobile applications. At Shape, you will work with outstanding team members and boost your career to the next level!
- Design, develop and maintain server grade code
- Work closely with other engineering, product, marketing, and customer support teams for end-to-end solutions
- Improve performance and design of existing code
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in Computer Science or a related field
- 8 or more years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Proficient in unit and integration testing (we use JUnit)
- Proficient in RESTful API design
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin, and/or Python
- Industry experience in enterprise-level software development
- Good experience with container techniques, like Kubernetes experience on public cloud platform, such as GCP, AWS
- CICD experience a plus
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.