Principal Software Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
At F5, we make apps faster, smarter, and safer...from anywhere. Come work within the F5aaS Cloud and Analytics team in an exciting, fast past environment charting the course for F5's future. You'll get to build cloud-native services for all major private and public cloud environments to visualize and analyse activity of cloud-based applications. Come join a dynamic team using F5 IP, various open-source platforms, public cloud IaaS services, and demonstrating your own skills. Build services that are performant, reliable, secure, and scalable within a company known for our excellent culture.
If you are strong, passionate and high-energy Technical Leader with product development & technology background and in building large internet scale products from scratch or existing products, and leading one or more scrum teams technically, functionally and the SAFE agile development practices, then you are the Technical lead that we would like to have join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the leading the one or more scrum teams technically and from Agile development practices, design, development of our analytics products and services running in public clouds. You'll evaluate them and implement migration plans to move from data canters into public clouds.
- 14+ years professional software development experience as techno managerial or Technical lead role with ability to architect & design large scale enterprise class products on cloud.
- Strong experience in technology and architectures, and building cloud services with high availability, scale, security, reliability and performance at large scale.
- Drive Design, architectural discussions and help team in driving towards right design decisions.
- Lead & coach the multiple scrum teams technically, and in Scrum & Agile practices consistent with team standards and helping them achieve their commitments and objectives day to day, sprint-to-sprint.
- Strong experience in leading teams of junior and senior engineers in the teams. Though teams will not report into this role, but will lead/coach/mentor them on technical front.
- Work proactively with scrum teams, Product Management and other stakeholders in Release or Product Increment planning and grooming, Backlog defining & Grooming both functional and non-functional aspects.
- Ask right questions, and make right & timely decisions with respect to team commitments.
- Understand the strengths and weakness of each individual in team, help & coach them for their success.
- Ensure team follows the SAFE agile processes being followed, and be on top of the team commitments.
- Always look for automating the tasks, processes for better efficiency & productivity.
- Represent team in Scrum-of-Scrums and Release and milestone planning to ensure all teams are aligned. Own coaching our team to improve in velocity and Sprint success.
- Establish strong working relationship with partner teams across the organization to identify dependencies and align priorities and work
- Always define & manage the right & crisp dashboards/reports covering 360 degree status of the team commitments in the tools used for broader visibility.
- Anticipate challenges, identify risks and recommend mitigations and solutions. Own and drive those solutions.
- Proactively team blockers or Identify resources constraints or needs - when additional resources (HW, technical or human) are needed
- Facilitate and organize Scrum ceremonies - help the team focus on goals, self-organize to achieve objectives, and ensure they fully understand the objectives and commitments.
- Collect, track and manage tasks, scope, schedule and budget related to the project
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires a minimum of 14 + years over all in IT industry, with strong experience in product development on cloud at scale.
- Strong experience as Technical Lead or Principal Software Engineer or Technical Manager and in managing multiple scrum teams simultaneously & globally.
- Experience with statically typed languages like Java, J2EE , GoLang and advanced & open source technology stack.
- Strong in depth Experience in Apache Spark, Apache Kinesis, Apache Kafka, Zookeeper, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK (Elastic Tech stack) is required. Strong experience in Databases like Postgres, Amazon Redshift/Aurora, Google Big Query or Influx DB, any Analytical Databases and in NoSQL (MongoDB or Cassandra).
- Should come from core engineering/product development background with experience working on open source technology stack in the past or current.
- Build stronger work/professional relationships with peers and/or stakeholders for ensuring individual or team success.
- Good interpersonal skills with global teams with an ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats to a variety of audiences from engineer to Executive;
- Ability to take initiative and apply critical thinking techniques to analyse problems, develop solutions or manage risk.
- Experience working cross-functionality and cross-organizationally to align dependencies and deliverables.
- Proven competence in planning, organizing, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Good understanding of the team dynamics and build high performing teams
- Strong time and task management skill with ability to handle multiple threads of activity.
- Experience working in larger scale Agile environments such as SAFe a strong plus
- Experience with CI/CD deployment of cloud solutions a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex software project and solutions on time and on budget
- Ability to lead through influence to drive forward both the team and program;
- Ability to decompose work then document and track as tasks, craft metrics and track project status
- Knowledge and experience of using tools such as JIRA and Confluence a plus.
- 2+ years of experience as a full time SCRUM MASTER or RTE Role .
- Experience handling a geo-dispersed project team
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field with 14 + years' experience; Master's degree with 6 years' experience; or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years' experience with a product/technology company.
- Experience in a concurrent software development environment as part of a complex build and merge management process
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top