Principal Product Manager- Silverline
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Who is Silverline?
At F5, we make apps faster, smarter, and safer...from anywhere.
Do you want to change the world with a click of a button and venture into "The Cloud"? You will help develop premier services and products that mitigate, analyze, monitor, visualize, and lead traffic across the globe in public and private clouds, data centers, and customer premises.
You will work within the F5 Silverline team in an exciting, fast paced environment charting the course for F5's future. Come join us to build services that are performant, reliable, secure, and scalable within a company known for excellent culture and consistent record!
F5's Silverline managed cloud delivery platform is cited as a leader in The Forrester Wave™ and in the Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls. F5 Silverline had pop-ranked scores in the current offering and detection categories and praised by customers for its technical Security Operation Center support.
As a Principal Product Manager for Bot Protection and CDN you will be a services owner for F5's Silverline which includes Cloud-Based DDoS, Web Application Firewall and core platform.
In this role you will be responsible for defining the strategy for the BOT Protection services, collaborating on roadmap evolution for next 3-5 years, ensuring product delivery to address customer needs, and manage F5's role in industry initiatives. This is a customer-focused and vendor-facing role requiring travel to represent the product and roadmap along with Sales and Business Development teams. Travel is also needed to evangelize the solution at key industry and partner engagements. You will be part of the Product Management team in San Jose, CA working with F5's global product development, sales, business development and marketing teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS degree required, MBA is highly desired.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree;
- 5+ years of experience in product management.
- 5+ years analyzing products, customers and market dynamics (Enterprise, Service Provider, Web).
- 5 years of experience in the Anti-BOT, CDN, or Web Application (WAF) protection. Cloud-based delivery experience preferred
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, or enterprise-level products.
- Strong experience in identifying and implementing UX/UI standard methodologies
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, organize and champion key initiatives and projects for product development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate complex ideas simply.
- Be flexible, self-motivated and a standout colleague.
- Solid leadership, excellent interpersonal skills and negotiation & persuasion skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently and/or as part of team.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, such as Scrum
- Drive competitive assessment with a goal to lead with innovation and offering the best solution to F5 customers and prospects.
- Conduct thorough research and produce a clear competitive landscape picture with a plan of action for influencing strategic product planning.
- Develop and deliver compelling product positioning with clear differentiation and return on investment delivered to the customers.
- Possess experience in steadily growing the market segment share within the high-reaching Access environment
- Communicate and deliver new product vision to senior leadership within F5, and influences leaders at the senior levels.
- Possess P&L understanding of the products and drive strategic product initiatives across the company to grow revenue, adoption and increase margins.
- Excellent ability to analyze data, spot trends, and presents it clearly with a plan of action.
- Regularly asked to speak as a lead in larger forum
- Provide strong initiative and drive that influences the broader organization.
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top