Principal Network Architect
- Everett, WA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Our Silverline engineering team is seeking a talented engineer with a background in systems design!
You will be crafting systems to support our business goals and enable us to be stay ahead of the curve! Design secure, scalable, available, compatible, and operationally sound systems that meet business and customer requirements.
Act in a guiding and reviewer role of engineering implementations of the design. Develop and ensure compliance with corporate policies and standards. You will perform as a senior technical leader in the Services organization with focus on networking and security systems.
What will you do?
- In operations, you will define standards, procedures, and tools to provide highly reliable systems operations. Ensure problems and potential error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed. Carry out Services policy and procedure within the team.
- In our systems, you will gather and help define requirements from our partners and. Lead the design of infrastructure and applications that fit our strategy, processes, and standards.
- Architect a large/sophisticated systems and infrastructure project. Design systems that match our design criteria including but not limited to: security, scalability, availability, compatibility. Serve as primary source of technical expertise to a project team
- Resolve, recommend, develop and implement forward-looking strategies for satisfying worldwide business needs and maintaining technical currency with assigned systems.
- Establish & maintain standards for system build, configuration and recovery documentation. Ensure compliance of standards.
- Be the lead for ongoing communications across all stakeholders: department executives and managers, end users, internal staff, vendors, customers, etc. Interface with management at all levels, both internal and external, including executives and department heads, serving as the spokesperson on the organization's technical capabilities strategic direction.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities of team members are adhered to, mentor and act as a role model.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical proficiency: hands-on familiarity with networking and server equipment, operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS X), infrastructure application (DNS/SMTP/etc.), Juniper Networks, JUNOS, Network Security, Python, Ansible, scripting
- Problem Analysis and Solving Skills: ability to solve a complex issue down to potential contributing components, identify root case if possible or gather supporting evidence for escalation. Analyze SOC and associated user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Provide budget and scope within established ranges and confidence for project planning for both monetary and personnel resources.
- Policy and standards development of building and maintaining operational policies, standards and guidelines.
- Trustworthy and Ensuring of Security: the position is trusted with access to critical company data and services in order to support that data/service and its delivery via technology. This trust should not be broken or abused, and includes having the ability to pushback where appropriate to ensure that the security and reliability of the IT environment is maintained.
- Customer Empathy: ability to work with customers or customer representatives such as Customer Service, Marketing, Product Development and Product Management to understand requirements and translate them into efficient system designs and operational support structures.
- Scripting and automation experience.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills, including formal presentation skills.
- Outstanding problem solving and project management skills
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented, high performance environment.
- We help each other thrive by providing technical mentorship to entry level engineers as well as participate in hiring, on boarding, and training process.
This is how you qualify:
- Provide a minimum 12 years enterprise-level systems and project management experience and mentorship roles.
- Hold a BA/BS degree in IS discipline or equivalent applicable experience.
- Post graduate degree preferred
- Able to provide leadership and deep analysis on the various infrastructure and application options and provide feedback on technical specifications.
- Ability to develop scripts and other tools for automations (one procedural or scripting language)
- Strong systems analysis and design skills with deep focus on supporting systems.
- Familiarity with IT governance methodologies (ITIL, COBIT, MOF, etc.)
At F5, we live and breathe our core values; Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer Dedication, Profitable Growth, Innovation, Employee Success, and Diversity. We help each other achieve our goals, value the diversity of ideas different backgrounds can bring, emphasize teamwork over rock-stars, work hard and most of all have fun!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top