Performance Test Engineer - Senior/Staff/Principal
- Santa Clara, CA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Position SummaryShape Security provides mobile and web security to industry leaders within multiple verticals, including financial services, airlines, hospitality, retail, and social media. Given the high profiles of the web properties and mobile apps that Shape Security protects, Shape Security places an extremely high value on quality. The Shape platform spans a diverse technology stack: networking, web protocols, web applications, mobile, cloud infrastructure and more. We are expanding rapidly in the marketplace and need quality minded individuals with a bias toward automation to stay ahead of that growth while maintaining the utmost performance and reliability of our product offering.Responsibilities
- Take ownership for developing performance and scalability test plans and cases, execute tests, conduct analysis and measurement of system performance collaborating with development engineering, product management and other test engineers.
- Drive performance analysis at feature and component level to identify performance bottlenecks and regression.
- Own performance testing across multiple platforms including maintaining testbeds for accurate measurements.
- Identify, reproduce and isolate product issues by thorough debugging and performance analysis.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement automated testing utilizing currently deployed frameworks.
- Identify gaps in existing performance test coverage in pursuit of 100% automated testing goal.
- Work on complex performance issues in the customer environment, as and when escalated from the customer success team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to clearly communicate status, determine acceptable performance parameters and publish those numbers on an ongoing basis.
- Significant experience using Python, Pypi and Python based frameworks for performance test automation (pytest, etc.).
- Familiarity with performance issues (e.g., memory leaks), debugging tools both front-end and backend.
- Strong knowledge of network performance, Unix/Linux environments, web protocols, web applications, mobile and cloud performance benchmarking.
- Knowledge of infrastructure setup/maintenance of apache web server, docker
- Familiarity with test case and issue tracking systems (TestRail, Jira) and source control systems (Git).
- Effective collaborator - demonstrated history of engaging effectively with others inside and outside immediate group to drive results.
- Adaptable - able to 'get the job done' in the face of ambiguity.
- Knowledge of performance tools like flame graph, jstack, jvmtop, wrk4, prometheus/grafana etc is a plus.
- Traffic clients, prometheus/grafana data collection, dashboards is a plus.
- Docker knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) knowledge/experience is a plus.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top