Partner System Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
Located in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia.
The Partner Systems Engineer (SE) is a technical role within the sales team, which supports partners' sales and promotes partner satisfaction. The Partner SE primarily provides pre-sales technical engagement with F5's commercial and resale partners for the specification of products, applications and solutions. This includes presentations, product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of partner sales plans.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Work in collaboration with Partner Management and Sales Management to establish F5 partners and to qualify partner's ability to sell or recommend F5 solutions
- Collaborate with partners on their business objectives, strategies and alignment with F5's technical capabilities in order to maximise F5 sales
- Plan, organize and/or provide F5 partners with sustainable training on F5 solutions and competitive differentiation
- Provide F5 partners with technical expertise and deal oversight in order to ensure their desire and ability to present and demonstrate F5 technologies
- Plan and organize new product introduction strategies and promotions
- Organise a buddy system and/or premier partner program in order to maximise collaboration between partners and F5 sales and pre-sales.
- Provide complex technical needs analysis and advice to F5 partners on solution configurations for customer opportunities and use cases
- Utilize the F5 Sales Strategy and Solution Messaging to identify solutions that meet partner business objectives
- Clearly articulate technical elements of the F5 value proposition to partners
- Partner with sales team to maintain detailed partner profiles including organizational charts, strategy and technology needs
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5 and the relevant industry
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Contribute to the creation of case studies, white papers, and media articles for customers and/or partners
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and building lasting relationships
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share knowledge with Competitive Analysis Team
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Partner with Product Management and Product Development to assist with Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases
- Actively utilize SE tools: SalesForce.com, Unified Demo Framework, Hive and other SE readiness programs
- Consistently provide a world-class partner and customer experience during pre-sales, implementation, and post-sales activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Post sales activities include:
- Engage with F5 Technical Support and solution partners to ensure issue resolution, partner and customer satisfaction
- Understand and follow escalation processes
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Additional language skills are a plus
- Advanced knowledge of F5 core products
- Well developed technical specialization focus
- High level knowledge of all other F5 products and solutions
- Lead strategic opportunities
- Deliver customized product presentations using an advanced solution-based sales approach
- Proactively provide consultative support
- Create documentation for repeatable demonstrations and proofs of concept
- Understand business requirements involved with technical sales strategy
- Work effectively with Engineering, Product Development, and Technical Support organizations
- Solve problems independently and creatively
- Hold all F5 product certifications
- 8+ years related industry experience
- 4+ years of pre-sales
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Essential F5 product knowledge or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
Core Technology Knowledge
- Knowledge of data centre infrastructure, virtualization and cloud computing
- Application delivery technologies
- Networking and application architectures
- Solution designs
Security Solutions Knowledge
- Security technologies: firewalls, encryption, identity and access, analytics
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a partner or customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via car, public transport or airplane, and may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top