Nginx Sales Specialist
- Mumbai, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Sales Specialist is a technical customer service role supporting sales and promoting customer satisfaction as part of an Account Team. Working with large and medium-sized businesses, the SA assumes the lead in architectural design, specification, and solutioning in a pre-sales environment.
Working with Systems engineers, account managers, and theatre Solution architect Leads. The SAs are responsible for troubleshooting complex technical issues during customer Proof of Concepts installations. Candidates must have backgrounds in network planning and design, implementation, and operations. SAs also conduct product demonstrations and technical presentations. They apply business and technology skills with structured methodologies to deliver complex solutions to the customer. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work with the SED to analyze regional business and market and define strategies
- Work in theatre Virtual solution architecture Team to ensure corporate solution alignment.
- Apply business skills and consulting methodologies to gather and analyze data, lead design discussions, and develop solutions while meeting customer expectations
- Assume lead role in working with strategic accounts (customers)
- Develop and communicate the F5 value proposition to customers and partners
- Serve as a technical expert and evangelist for F5 product suites
- Serve as a bridge between customer and F5 product development and marketing
- Collect feedback from field teams and coalesce feature requirements for product management and product development
- Support account team with customer meeting preparation and delivery
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape, including appropriate documentation
- Maintain knowledge and skills by attending appropriate training and conferences and pursuing self-study
- Support pipeline development by participating in the proposal process
- Become established as the primary technical reference in the Theatre by building trust and credibility with customers; partners and internal colleagues
- Coordinates SME team and SME skill development to help them become autonomous
- Collect information from SME team to help understand regional and theatre requirements, markets, and competition
- Apply business skills and consulting methodologies to gather and analyze data, lead design, and develop solutions while meeting customer expectations
- Assume a lead support role in working with strategic accounts (customers) and strategic partners in collaboration with the Local Sales team
- Focuses on driving adoption of new F5 Technologies and solutions. Also generates new strategic differentiators for F5's features and solutions
- Provides expertise and knowledge in architectural design, specification, performance and sizing
- Supports large- and medium-sized strategic businesses for customers and partners managed by Account Teams and Local Sales Teams
- Provides support with technical skills by answering specific questions, designing architecture, developing POCs, determining performance and sizing, and attending customers meetings
- Conducts POCs, product demonstrations, and technical presentations for strategic customers and partners in support of the regional Sales Teams
- Applies business and technology skills with structured methodologies to deliver complex solutions to the strategic customer
Customers and Partners:
- Deliver the value of the F5 security products and solutions to our top strategic accounts in each region, our gold partners, strategic SI and partners
- Speak at conferences and F5 events such as industry events, workshops, road shows, partner and customer events from all industry sectors
- Contribute to press articles, interviews and promoting views on transformation of business through usage of technology
- Plan and executes a strategy communication at the senior level with key decision makers and influencers
- Evangelize security vision and the strategy of F5 to increase Market shares and sales opportunities with customers and partners
PM and PD:
- Develops strong relationships with Product Management (PM) and Product Development (PD)
- Gives PM and PD visibility on market and customer feature requirements and project wins and losses
- Partner with PM and PD to get information on roadmap, next product versions and strategies
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong passion and enthusiast for F5 and f5 solutions and products
- Demonstrate a strong vertical market skill and knowledge: Service Providers, Cloud, BFSI
- Cloud Solution designs (e.g. LB and WAF on cloud etc.)
- Deploy F5 or similar solutions in Azure/AWS
- Deploy F5 or similar solutions in NSX/ACI/Openstack
- Deploy F5 or similar solutions in containers environment -e.g. Openshift, Kubernetes or Mesos
- Advanced integration with Orchestration tool (Ansible, OpenStack HEAT, VMware vRO/vRA,) with F5 iWork flow/BIGIQ
- Advanced Web Application security - detailed understanding of vulnerabilities in web applications, API's and Automated threats
- Advanced Authentication & Authorization (SAML, OAuth, Kerberos)
- Application Development methodologies.
- Detailed understanding of TLS.
- Web Application Penetration testing and controls.
- Application Security Architecture in large environments.
- Knowledge of the threats to web applications and API's
- Advanced knowledge of Data Center, Virtualization and Cloud computing
- Possesses expert knowledge of the F5 product suite, including Cloud, Security and ADC
- Understanding of Service Provider Solutions like CGNAT, NFV, Diameter, 4G/5G
- Develops strong relationships with the customer's executive decision-makers
- Expert ability to generate competitive analysis
- Drives definition of end-to-end customer requirements
- Create and facilitate technical sales presentations
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of industry and F5-targeted technologies
- Expertise in either UNIX or Linux operating systems
- Solid working knowledge of high-availability architectures, VLANs, Routing (L2/3), and TCP/IP
- 12+ years related industry experience
- BS/BE Degree
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- F5 product experience and/or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
- Background in network planning, implementation, and operations is required
- Certification with one of the Public Cloud Vendor (AWS, Azure, GCP) or cloud automation platform (VRO, VRA, Cisco Cloud Center, Redhat Openstack) is highly desirable.
- SABSA certification.
- CEH, CISSP Certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 80% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top