NGINX PS Consulting Manager
- Austin, TX
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Code connects us all and code also brings applications to life—applications that change the world! F5 Professional Services makes it possible for the world's leading retailers, banks, securities firms, telecom operators, insurance companies, automotive manufacturers, and 48 of the Fortune 50 to deliver their services faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
As the F5 Consulting Manager for NGINX Professional Services, you will develop and maintain a highly qualified team of technical consultants responsible for delivering post-sales implementation and deployment services of F5 product solutions, including NGINX. The delivery of these projects enhances the efforts of the product sales team. This is a leadership opportunity responsible for all aspects of services delivery.
We are looking for a customer-facing people manager who wants to join us in putting the human first!
We are open to have this position working anywhere in the North America for qualifies candidates.
What you will do
- Lead a team of consultants that can be geographically distributed by city, state, region, or country. This includes but is not limited to, development of readiness programs to build technical as well as soft skills, performance goal setting and evaluations, real-time feedback and mentorship, task delegation, interviewing and onboarding of quality candidates, development of performance improvement plans and disciplinary action when required.
- Foster a positive and collaborative environment within the team and with other groups within F5.
- Oversee the delivery process from ensuring SOW accuracy to oversight of project execution, methodology, and process alignment by the delivering resources.
- Meet or exceed quarterly delivered revenue estimations, tracking and reporting.
- Set, coach, and monitor team goals for billable utilization and margin.
- Develop and align regional goals and priorities with those of the Consulting organization and F5 corporate
- Collaborate with other F5 teams such as Product Management, Business Development and Sales teams to assess readiness needs and programs as well as provide real world feedback on delivered solutions
- Identify skills, requirements and tools needed for the Consulting organization to successfully deliver F5 solutions and set strategy to meet and develop critical elements.
- Maintain an appropriate and current level of technical knowledge within the F5 market space
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You should demonstrate the following level of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A hands-on leader with key strengths in financial analysis, business growth strategies and problem resolution.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with empathy toward multiple perspectives, including communicating very technical information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical persons.
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts such as MSAs, CSAs, SOWs, technical agreements, and different methods of recognizing completed work
- Solid background in operational logistics, development, and marketing
- Understanding of advanced technical concepts and principles of microservices, Kubernetes, Cloud services and automation (including HTTP protocols, modern application deployment techniques, and security) with additional experience in networks and systems architecture a plus.
- Experience leading and running multiple concurrent network and security projects
- Industry certifications (CISA, CISSP, GIAC, Security+) a plus.
- International business experience preferred.
How do you qualify?
- Bring a minimum 5 years of experience leading a professional services team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties may require travel up to 25-50% via automobile and airplane and may require periodically working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Some international travel may be required.
- This position may be remote, unless an F5 regional office is nearby, in which case it may be office based. Some onsite customer visits will be required.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer / laptop, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top