Network Support Engineer Level I
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Network Support Engineer (NSE) provides remote enterprise assistance on F5 solutions to internal and external customers and F5 partners. NSE I's handle multiple active cases of moderate scope where analysis of customer network environments and customer specific data requires a review of a number of factors to arrive at a conclusion which can work around, restore or resolve the customer's problem. NSE I's aim to keep customer's satisfied. They exercise judgment within an ISO certified Quality Management System set of defined procedures in order to build a plan of action and take appropriate action, with supervision from more experienced NSEs. NSE I's receive general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work hours are scheduled shifts corresponding to forecasted customer activity. NSE I's are generally proficient with a number of troubleshooting tools and equipment in the course of providing resolutions to cases. They build productive working relationships internally, to their peers, Escalation Engineers, and Managers, or related F5 departments and externally, to customers and partners. NSE I's provide communication to our customers, by phone, email and/or webex, and accept ownership of issues until a resolution is delivered, providing high customer satisfaction.
- Exercises judgment to provide a moderate level (Level 1 and Level 2) technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on F5 product and services, based on data analysis of a variety of customer specific factors.
- Proactively and effectively communicate status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues based on an ISO Quality Management System defined set of procedures.
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience
- Participates in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies
- Maintains high schedule adherence (work hours and on-phone time)
- Effectively manages case escalations to tier 3 (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication, with assistance/mentoring from senior support personnel or management
- Manages multiple complex cases and prioritizes based on customer and business needs
- Performs additional projects as required
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and promptly reporting violations of the code or other company policies.
- Zero to 2 years experience in a professional technical support role or equivalent experience, working with relevant technologies
- Academic First Tier Qualification (such as Associate/Foundation/Higher National Diploma, AA/AS) preferred or equivalent job experience.
- Certification to 101 level certification is expected to be achieved at NSE I level in their core module area of expertise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Hands-on technical experience with internetworking/data center operations including LAN/WAN operations.
- Exposure to UNIX. Some experience with Linux, preferably Red Hat. Some exposure to VMWare or equivalent hypervisors preferred.
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model
- Proficient with Windows OS
- Able to work under general instruction on routine work.
- Evidence of building strong internal/external relationships; within a team environment preferred.
- Experience with a main Customer Relationship Management system. Siebel experience preferred.
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Should be able to effectively relay technical information to customers of varying skill levels
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone via headset, and read printed material.
- Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled shifts corresponding to forecasted customers activity. This role may be required to work outside of core business hours, including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
- Occasional travel may be required (5% of work time)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top