Network Support Engineer II
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Network Support Engineer II (NSE II) is a seasoned and experienced Enterprise Support professional who provides remote technical assistance on F5 solutions to internal and external customers and F5 partners. NSE II's handle multiple active cases of diverse scope where analysis of customer network environments and customer specific data requires a review of identifiable factors to arrive at a conclusion which can work around, restore or resolve the customer's problem. NSE II's aim to keep customer's satisfied. They exercise solid judgment within an ISO certified Quality Management System set of defined procedures in order to select the best methods amongst several possible methods and techniques, to build a plan of action and take appropriate action. NSE II's receive little day to day instructions on their work, and general instructions on new projects or assignments. Work hours are scheduled shifts corresponding to forecasted customer activity. NSE II's are proficient with a number of troubleshooting tools and equipment in the course of providing resolutions to cases. They network with senior internal and external personnel and build strong working relationships internally, to their peers, Escalation Engineers, and Managers, or related F5 departments and externally, to customers and partners. NSE II's provide communication to our customers, by phone, email and/or WebEx, and accept ownership of issues until a resolution is delivered, providing high customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates good judgment to select the best methods and techniques to provide a diverse scope of technical support (Level 1 to Level 3) to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on F5 product and services, based on data analysis of a complex set of customer specific factors.
- Proactively and effectively communicates status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues based on an ISO Quality Management System defined set of procedures.
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience
- Participates in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies
- Maintains high schedule adherence (work hours and on-phone time)
- Effectively manages case escalations to tier 3 (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication, with limited assistance/mentoring from senior support personnel or management
- Manages multiple routine cases and prioritizes based upon customer and business needs
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills together with experience supporting corporate customers and service providers in production environments.
- Hands-on technical experience preferred with internetworking/data center operations including WAN operations (e.g. DNS, Open SSL, Cryptography, virtualization, etc), Network Protocols, TCP/IP, OSI Model, UNIX or Linux (e.g. Redhat) operating systems, VMware or equivalent hypervisors and network hardware preferred. Potential for exposure to Network Security (e.g. Web Application Security, AAA, VPN, DDoS, Malware, Application Firewalls, etc)
- Proficient with Windows OS
- Able to work under limited or little instructions on routine work.
- Evidence of building strong internal/external relationships within a team environment.
- Experience with a main Customer Relationship Management system. Siebel experience preferred.
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Should be able to effectively relay technical information to customers of varying skill levels, including senior technical customer levels.
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional technical support role or equivalent experience, working with relevant technologies
- 2nd Tier Academic Degree (Bachelors BA/BS, Honors, Graduate Certificate or equivalent) preferred.
- Certification to 201 level certification is expected to be achieved at NSE II level in their core module area of expertise. Level 301 certification is preferred but not expected.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone via headset, and read printed material.
- Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled shifts corresponding to forecasted customers activity. This role may be required to work outside of core business hours, including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
- Occasional travel may be required (5-10% of work time)
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top