Network Support Engineer II
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mind set.
The Network Support Engineer II (NSE) provides remote technical assistance on F5 products to internal and external customers and F5 partners. NSE II's handle multiple active cases of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, and provide daily customer communication via phone and email. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Work hours are scheduled shifts corresponding to forecasted customer activity. NSE II's exhibit strong competence utilizing a number of troubleshooting tools, facilities and equipment in the course of providing resolutions to cases. NSE II's provide good communication to our customers, and accept ownership of issues until a resolution is delivered, providing high customer satisfaction.
- Provides Level 1 and Level 2 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on F5 device
- Actively collaborates with peers troubleshooting issues
- Proactively and effectively communicates status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issue
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience
- Participates in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies
- Maintains high schedule adherence (work hours and on-phone time)
- Effectively manages case escalations to tier 3 (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication
- Manages multiple cases and prioritizes based upon customer and business needs
- Follows standards-based processes defined in F5's Quality Management System (QMS)
- Performs additional projects as required
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies
- Support experience with enterprise-level corporate customers in production environments preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Hands on technical experience with and very knowledgeable on LAN/WAN operations, Network protocols, UNIX or Linux Operating systems, and/or networking hardware required.
- Intermediate understanding of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model
- Proficient with Windows OS
- VLAN - setup and implementation.
- Knowledge of DNS protocol/BIND
- Able to work with moderate supervision
- Proven track record in a team environment
- Experience with NetApp/EMC and other data storage systems preferred (for Data Solutions focus)
- Experience with WAN optimization applications a plus (for WANOpt focus)
- Experience with Siebel Case Management(SCM) preferred
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Must be able to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels
- Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Ability to utilize a computer keyboard. Communicate on the telephone via headset. Ability to read material on computer monitor
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top