Network Support Engineer II
- Goshen, IN
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Network Support Engineer II (NSE) provides remote technical assistance on F5 products to internal and external customers and F5 partners. NSE II's handle multiple cases of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors and provide customer communication via phone and/or email. Networks with senior personnel in the area of expertise. Support Engineers exhibit strong competence utilizing a number of troubleshooting tools, facilities and equipment in the course of providing resolutions to cases. Engineers provide communication to our customers and accept ownership of issues until a resolution is delivered.
- Provides Level 1 and Level 2 technical support to resolve hardware and software issues on F5 products
- Participates in training with F5 products and related technologies
- Actively collaborates with peers solving issues
- Dedicatedly and effectively communicates status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issue
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience
- Effectively handles technical issues to tier 3 (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication
- Handles multiple cases and prioritizes based upon customer and business needs
- Follows standards-based processes defined in F5's Quality Management System (QMS)
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies
- Support experience with enterprise-level corporate customers in production environments preferred
- Hands on technical experience with LAN/WAN operations
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in Routing & Switching
- Intermediate understanding of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model
- Knowledge of DNS protocol/BIND
- Analytical problem solver with solid attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plu
- Should be able to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels.
- Experience with F5 products is not required.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top