Network Support Engineer
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Businesses depend on apps. Whether it's apps that help connect businesses to their customers or apps that help employees do their jobs—F5 makes sure that those apps are always available and secure, anywhere. The world's largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of security, cloud and mobility trends.
We are looking for engineers who are curious, have excellent troubleshooting skills, are passionate about learning, and have a strong customer service ethos.
Our Network Support Engineers provides remote technical support on our products to F5 customers and partners. They own multiple, diverse and often complex cases. These cases require in depth troubleshooting, analysis of data and effective customer collaboration to bring to a successful resolution.
- Provides Level 1 and Level 2 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve F5 hardware and software issues on customer's systems.
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience through accurate trouble shooting, technical analysis and effective communication throughout the life of the case.
- Continuously builds personal knowledge of F5 products and related technologies through learning and training as well as contributing solutions and technical articles to the F5 knowledge base.
- Effectively collaborates with other team members and Level 3 (Engineering Services) when a case requires escalation.
- Performs additional projects as required.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Proven experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies. Experience with enterprise-level corporate customers in production environments preferred.
- Able to work with moderate supervision and in a team environment. Is reliable in availability and can prioritise work based upon customer and business needs.
- Be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. This needs to include clearly relaying technical information to customers with varying skill levels.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Hands on technical experience with and very knowledgeable on LAN/WAN operations, protocols and concepts (TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, Encryption, DNS, SNMP, HTTP etc), UNIX or Linux Operating systems, networking hardware and virtual environments.
- Able to troubleshoot complex issues at all layers of the OSI model.
- Knowledge and experience of scripting (Bash, Perl, Python) preferred
- Knowledge and experience in cloud and security aspects preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Ability to utilize a computer keyboard. Communicate on the telephone via headset. Ability to read material on computer monitor.
- US based technical training will be required as part of the onboarding for this role.
- Various working week patterns are available (all our engineers work day shift hours only).
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top