Named Account Manager II (Public)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Primary point-of-contact for major account/(s) regardless of account's geographic location. Maintain contact with account at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
- Sell the organization's products or services to and maintain relationships with existing national named accounts. Responsible for expanding and retaining named accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
- Prepare formal proposals and presentations, presents to all levels of the organization including executives, lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision making processes and overcome objectives to closure, and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5 and its partners including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Must understand organization's business needs, develop application of products and services and communicate how F5's technical value added solutions will address those needs
- Research and develop lists of potential customers within an organization; regularly follow-up on leads and developing leads, and act to close deals
- Determine market strategies and goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives of named accounts
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Develop strategy for sustained management and success of business and coordinates resources to ensure goals are met
- Provide regular updates to senior sales and operations staff concerning account issues, financial status
- Meet and exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- Displace competition
- Support in-country account teams to win business in local Operating Companies
- Partner with internal and external teams and channels to develop innovative technical solutions to maximize F5's footprint and Customer dependant in account
- Support the APAC management team in special projects and strategic planning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English & Japanese fluently.
- Must also be fluent in local language as this role supports our local customers.
- Multiple language skills are a plus.
- Bachelor degree or higher in business administration engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 8 years of direct work experience in a relevant environment.
- Should be hands-on and be able to perform the function independently.
- Proven track record in a high growth company of medium size from the information technology/networking industry.
- Must have maturity in building organizational capability and sales growth whilst managing costs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 60% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top