Named Account Manager
- Sydney, Australia
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Highly motivated self-starter responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals and for the overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country. All sales are made through channel partners. Leverage and partner with Channel Partner Account Executives on lead generation, account planning and new account development and/or expanding existing accounts. Must effectively sell F5's products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. This is typically an individual contributor role. This is a quota carrying role.
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Develop relationships and leverage channel. Including account planning and lead generation with channel partners; building relationships and developing opportunities with channel partners by effectively communicating and demonstrating F5 solutions. This also involves training channel partners on the F5 story and technical solutions and developing a territory/ named account plan focused on channel leverage
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner. Including: developing technical presentations and workshops
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Understand organization's business needs, develop application of products and services and effectively communicate F5's technical value added solutions to meet those needs. Including: researching and developing lists of potential customers; identifying and qualifying business opportunities, making regular sales calls to develop relationships and following-up on sales leads
- Prepare formal proposals and present to all levels of the organization including executive level
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision making process, overcome obstacles to closure and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating territory/ named account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, channel manager)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process and ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Create and update annual account plans, determine market strategies and goals for each product and service
- Responsible for territory/ named account planning through research, development and maintenance of long and short range sales and marketing plans
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles for large accounts in territory/ named account, to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Provide regular updates to manager concerning account issues, financial status, etc.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert negotiation and closing skills
- Advanced solution selling and presentation abilities
- Expert client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Expert Influencing skills
- Proven selling skills in a complex matrix environment
- Proven effective use of internal relationships and resources
- Expert ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload, develop and manage pipeline and forecasting
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
- 8+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Requires specialized knowledge in networking products, preferably those of F5
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top