Mobile Security Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Join a forward-thinking team of engineers, data scientists, and security specialists to defend the Internet against automated attacks and help eliminate the scourge of credential stuffing once and for all! Implement countermeasures, analyze code intrusion, detect privilege elevation/permission hijacking, ensure the integrity of defenses, and establish yourself as a leader in the growing field of mobile security.
We are defeating malicious attackers in real time, daily, and needs passionate people who will develop the next generation of weapons to use. We have flexibility regarding the level of the role - just looking for awesome people to join the team!
- Develop and support new features in Mobile solutions to reliably establish the security posture of hundreds millions of mobile devices in real time.
- Research new innovations in security as the mobile landscape shifts with new devices and APIs.
- Work with service and support teams to deliver the service to fortune 500 customers.
- Solid understanding of Lua usage, design patterns and standard methodologies.
- Good grasp of systems level architecture, OS/VM internals & systems programming/skills.
- Good understanding of device networking, clients, security (HTTPS, TLS, Encryption etc).
- Experience with developing automated test suites.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- LuaVM internals, FFI interface, etc.
- Linux internals, Kernel customization, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Kotlin/NDK for Android or Swift for iOS.
- Skilled in a scripting language such as Python.
- Fundamentals of root detection, debugging hooks, etc.
- Awareness of Game Theory and its application in security.
- Experience in data encryption and secure communication.
- Experience analyzing network traffic for attacks.
- Automation experience with frameworks such as XCTest or Espresso.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top