Manager, Security Operations
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The F5 Security Operations Center provides Anti-Fraud, DDoS, and WAF services to F5 Networks customers globally. The SOC Manager will have solid fundamental understanding of IT Operations, Network Operations, Sys Admin Operations, and/or IT Security Operations. The SOC Manager directly leads a team of SOC analysts/engineers providing 24x7 security services. The manager is responsible for managing of day to day duties of the team and maintaining a positive, productive, and professional work environment.
This manager will work closely with the other SOC team managers, Engineering, Product Development, Sales, and other F5 organizations to ensure all teams are working in alignment towards common objectives. Prior experience running IT Network or IT Security Operations Centers is required. Experience of network or IT security incident & crisis management, customer satisfaction and working to metrics is important.
- Responsible for upholding F5's business code of ethics & for promptly reporting violations of the code or other company policies
- Directly manage a team of SOC analysts.
- Management duties include (but not limited to):
- career development and coaching
- conducting performance evaluations
- assigning and managing tasks
- taking disciplinary action
- interviewing/hiring new staff
- Ensure operational procedures are followed
- Engage with customers via phone, email or in person to ensure we are providing a good service and maintaining excellent Customer Satisfaction
- Be able to communicate IT, networking and security concepts to customers at all levels of experience and responsibility.
- Ensure the SOC analyst team is always adhering to F5 Core Values
- Work closely with the Global SOC Management Team to identify and implement operational efficiencies and/or implement service improvements and mitigate operational risks to customers and to F5
- Ensure procedures for all SOC teams are documented and kept up to date
- Develop and implement processes for tracking key operational metrics
- Efficiently communicate/collaborate with SOC & other F5 security teams, conforming to F5 culture/standards/guidelines.
- Cultivate innovation, creativity, teamwork, and professional growth of the SOC Teams
- Look out for emerging threats in network and application security and assist in the proactive development of new mitigation mechanisms
- Maintain strong standards, and promote productivity, accountability and high morale
- Evangelize the contributions of the SOC internally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2+ years management experience or 4+ leadership (supervisor, tech lead) experience in an operations environment
- Background in customer service/support and IT, network or IT security incident management
- IT Security or IT Operations experience with corporate customers in production environments
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience driving efficiencies, handling growth, and delivering results
- Passion, technical knowledge and instincts to effectively lead a security operations team.
- Good understanding of IT, Network, or IT SOC best practices and a real passion for continuous improvement.
- Professional verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to work well with contacts in various business disciplines.
- Excellent ethical and professional standards.
- Knowledge and experience working in 24x7 network and/or security operations centers
- Ability to inspire change through effective leadership, communication, planning, and execution
- Able to excel in a dynamic, always-on organization
- Able to convert broad targets and objectives into a discreet list, set priorities for yourself and others, and meet objectives
- Knowledge and ability to manage organizations to key performance indicators
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical issues to others with varying levels of technical expertise
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Analytical thinker with solid attention to detail
- Ability to engage with customers at appropriate technical and leadership levels to resolve issues
- Understand of security concepts, including web security, DDoS, online fraud, and Layer 4-7 protection/mitigation strategies.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently, including complex technical concepts. Additional languages a plus.
- Solid skills in MS Office and with standard professional applications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a corporate environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- This role requires availability outside normal business hours to align with the global team or to respond to critical security events
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top