Manager, Sales - Australia (Financial Services)
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
We are engaged at the largest financial companies, enterprises and service providers to deliver security solutions that protect against fraud, malware and defend against malicious cyber-attacks. We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals and for the overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country. Leverage F5 Major Account Managers and/or the mature F5 channel program as you engage on lead generation, account planning and new account development. Must effectively sell F5's solutions and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. This is a senior manager role with direct reports.
Financial services selling experience a requirement.
- Proven strong relationships and business track record with key CxO, EGM, GM's across the Australian banking and finance industry.
- Leadership in strategies, campaign initiatives, events and account planning across the banking and finance territory.
- Driving strategic relationships with key managed services and cloud partners as well as the key consulting and professional services firms engaged by banks for strategy and policy advice.
- Leadership in liaison with F5 US Executive and global peers providing feedback on trends, requirements, challenges, go to market models demanded by the Australian banking industry.
- Prepare formal proposals and present to all levels of the organization including executive level
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision making process, overcome obstacles to closure and close sales in a professional and effective manner
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating account/territory strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, channel manager)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process and ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Responsible for territory planning through research, development and maintenance of long and short range sales and marketing plans
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles for large accounts in territory, to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Provide regular updates to manager concerning account issues, financial status, etc.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding and experience of the changing trends of IT in the banking industry - Dev Ops, Cloud, SDN, Micro Services, Application API's, Automation, rapid tech deployment and FinTech.
- Understanding and experience of the growing challenges of cyber security in the banking industry – Emerging Threats, Attack trends, Malware, Identity, Fraud and Risk.
- Understanding and experience of a range of operational business models – outsourcing, managed services, public cloud, private cloud, data centre lifecycle management.
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent solution selling and presentation abilities
- Excellent client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
- Typically 12+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Sr. Software Engineer
Working within the Quality Assurance Department, Maxim is responsible for creating test automation tools, with the primary goal of ensuring the product fulfills its function without issue.
Back to top