Manager, Recruiting - Asia Pacific & Japan
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Located in Singapore.
The Manager, Recruiting will manage the Recruiting function and budget for F5 Networks in APCJ. This leader will be responsible for creating and driving the strategy, goals, processes and performance metrics for the recruitment of talented people to APCJ to support the long-term goals and growth initiatives of F5.
This position reports to the VP, Human Resources, APCJ and reports dotted-line to the VP, Global Talent Acquisition.
- Management responsibility
- Direct employee management including but not limited to interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Manage and inspire a highly performing team of staffing professionals in the APCJ Recruiting Team.
- Develop and build staffing capability in key areas like sourcing, client management and closing.
- As necessary, delegate recruiting tasks and responsibilities to members of the APCJ Recruiting Team. Balance recruiting workload amongst team, ensure that positions are being filled with quality candidates and performance metrics are being met or exceeded.
- Mentor and provide direction to team.
- Business partnership
- Establish relationships and partner with theatre leadership and hiring managers to evaluate hiring needs.
- Develop strategies, goals and performance metrics to drive accountability for successful quality hiring within the organization.
- Develop and deliver interviewing skills, diversity and inclusion and recruiting process training for hiring managers so as to drive quality hiring for F5.
- Recruitment Policies, Processes and Programs
- Manage, evaluate and develop all recruitment policies, processes and programs.
- Build, manage, evaluate and develop programs and policies for referral bonuses, external recruiting, reference/background checking, internal transfers/promotions and relocation.
- Manage active applicants and open requisitions in tracking system. Meet with hiring managers to discuss hiring needs and requisitions status, understand open requisitions and candidate qualifications, and discuss candidate feedback.
- Participate in the hiring process by interviewing candidates as needed and providing manager/employee counseling.
- Enhance and promote internship programs with key institutions and internal departments for long-term pipelining and employer branding.
- Optimize recruiting processes to ensure efficiency while enhancing quality.
- Embed Diversity & Inclusion efforts in sourcing strategies and hiring manager coaching.
- Recruiting Standards
- Develop practices for end-to-end candidate experience inclusive of sourcing, screening, interviewing, communication, selection and onboarding.
- Delight customers by providing consultative recruitment and delivering quality hires on a timely basis.
- Management of Third-Party Vendors
- Build and manage an extended external recruiting support team to include negotiating with and the selection and management of third-party vendors and all external recruitment partners to provide seamless, consistent, and cost-effective placement services for all categories of employees.
- Responsible for relations with employment agencies and external recruiters.
- Partnership with other HR functions
- Partner closely with and promote sharing and implement of best practices with the global Talent Acquisition team.
- Partner closely with the APCJ HR Operations team to ensure a tight handshake in adjacent onboarding and transfer processes.
- Partner closely with Compensation & Benefits to provide competitive compensation and benefits to candidates.
- Partner closely with the Talent Management organization to optimize Talent Management and understand talent and succession needs.
- Technology tools
- Champion staffing technology applications and process improvement for the staffing function, partnering with the HRIS and other HR teams to drive implementation and adoption.
- Create processes and tools to report and measure key talent acquisition success metrics, regularly communicate the effectiveness and efficiency of the talent acquisition function to executives and hiring managers.
- Manage recruiting budget
- Make recommendations on appropriate use of funds for advertising, job postings, website subscriptions and recruiting headcount.
- Negotiate contracts with 3rd party vendors.
- Source for and recruit for critical positions.
- Review applicant resumes, contact qualified candidates to tell them about F5, describe opportunities and conduct interviews. Negotiate with and close qualified candidates for critical positions at F5.
- Provide market intel on competitors by performing mapping exercises.
- Prepare weekly/monthly hiring reports for leadership team.
- Review and manage vendor relationships for web-based applicant tracking and job posting databases.
- Ensure messaging used in the recruitment process is consistent with F5 corporate messaging.
- Function as key member of the APCJ Human Resources Leadership team.
- Provide joint leadership and direction to the broader team.
- Prioritize, plan and manage projects within the Human Resources department.
- Present proposals/reports on HR projects.
- Work with employees on career counseling and internal job opportunity preparation.
- BA Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience recruiting for both technical and non-technical professional positions; proven project management skill and organizational skills.
- Experience developing recruitment processes, policies and strategies in a high-tech corporate environment.
Knowledge, Abilities and Other Requirements
- Must be assertive and have strong client management skills.
- Must have demonstrated excellent business partnering ability to work with hiring managers to define solutions for hiring needs.
- Most possess entrepreneurial drive, results-oriented, outstanding organizational skills, flexibility and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a dynamic environment.
- Must have Technology Industry experience with strong knowledge of technical talent sourcing strategies.
- Must be capable of learning detailed information about F5 - its products, technologies, market space, culture, opportunities, benefits etc, and be able to communicate that information effectively.
- Experience designing, executing, and managing innovative talent acquisition strategies and results.
- Experience identifying, managing, and positively impacting talent acquisition metrics.
- Expertise in the development of recruiting processes, procedures and creative sourcing strategies.
- Exceptional leadership skills including the demonstrated ability to influence and drive results.
- Extensive experience in contract/vendor management and negotiating rates, including vendors, search relationships, and third-party staff augmentation firms.
- Must be able to handle sensitive/personal information discretely and professionally.
- Must know how to build trust and a positive relationship with employees, hiring managers, applicants and the public in general, vendors of all types, co-workers, and F5 management.
- Must possess excellent presentations skills
- Must be skilled in Excel and PowerPoint applications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (early mornings, evenings and weekends).
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Meet Some of F5 Networks's Employees
Systems Engineering Manager
Rubyanne manages a team of systems engineers—the technical half of a Sales Account Team—empowering them with the tools they need to be successful as they provide pre-sales support throughout northern California.
Back to top