Manager, Product Development
- Hyderabad, India
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position is for an engineering manager in an Agile organization (SAFe, Scrum, and Kanban). This role will empower engineers, recruit, hire and mentor their directs while also acting as a coach/guide, provide feedback to help their group of engineers grow, and expand their professional development. The position will need to outline expectations, support your directs in their scrum teams, offer support and assistance where necessary for them to succeed in their job.
The Mgr, Product Development will be responsible for supporting and being an advocate for the organization's continued Agile transformation and DevOps implementation.
- Act as an advisor and coach to directs on their work and team dynamics
- Performance manage directs to enable engineers to operate at their highest potential
- Sourcing, interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, developing performance improvement plans, and taking corrective action as needed.
- Be knowledgeable and a point of contact for Agile methodology, goals, and process.
- Align engineers to the corporate and organization's strategy
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Evaluates and reviews new technologies on their applicability to product architecture and design.
- Model F5 Behaviors and Agile principles
- Attend scum sessions as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Change management
- Knowledge and proficiency in software engineering methodologies
- Engineering and application delivery expertise
- Demonstrated ability to guide and coach engineers
- Demonstrated ability in mentoring and developing direct reports
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in written communications
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table
- Good working experience with continuous integration/Continuous deployment.
- Good working experience with Jenkins/Bamboo/Gitlab.
- Experienced in automation with Python/Shell scripting.
- Knowledge and experience with network and web technologies.
- Strong working knowledge on Linux/Unix.
- Analytic / trouble-shooting skills.
- A working knowledge of container technology like KVM, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience Database administration experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent tool.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Bachelor degree in computer/engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years' experience in DevOps creating and supporting large scale, highly available services
- A solid understanding of high availability systems
- Experience working with and designing solutions using Software Defined Networking (SDN) a plus
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
Great Place to Work® Certification is the most definitive 'Employer-of-Choice' recognition that organizations aspire to achieve. The Certification is recognized world over by employees and employers alike and is considered the 'Gold Standard' in identifying and recognizing Great Workplace Cultures. Every year, more than 10,000 organizations across 60 countries apply to get Great Place to Work-CertifiedTM
F5 has earned this recognition for creating a Great Place to Work FOR ALL the employees and has excelled on the 5 dimensions of building a High-Trust, High-Performance CultureTM - Credibility, Respect, Fairness, Pride and Camaraderie. We have been certified as:
- Great Place to Work - Oct 2020 to Sep 2021
- Among the top 75 Best Workplaces in IT & IT-BPM - 2020
- Great Mid-Size Workplaces - 2020
- Best Workplaces for Women - 2020
Please visit, to know more https://www.greatplacetowork.in/great/profile/50-Great-Mid/F5-Networks-Innovation
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Back to top